The Student Room Group

Edexcel unit 3d&4d politics thread

I've noticed that there's a thread for every exam other than this one, so I thought I'd create one.

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by bvlck
I've noticed that there's a thread for every exam other than this one, so I thought I'd create one.

:top: Tagging in @Fox Corner so she can add it to the list :dumbells:
Hi! This has now been added to the A Level Exam Directory Thread, which you can find here. Let me know if you make any more! :parrot:
How's your revision going?

We haven't finished learning the content for 4D yet (skipping the last unit and we're still behind) and making revision notes for 3D is taking me so long:frown:
Reply 5
Original post by freefood
How's your revision going?

We haven't finished learning the content for 4D yet (skipping the last unit and we're still behind) and making revision notes for 3D is taking me so long:frown:

This unit is taught so badly and it makes it even worse that there are hardly any books on it, apart from the undergrad book. We've finished all the topics, but revising 3/4 is becoming strenuous :frown:
Original post by bvlck
This unit is taught so badly and it makes it even worse that there are hardly any books on it, apart from the undergrad book. We've finished all the topics, but revising 3/4 is becoming strenuous :frown:

At least you've finished:biggrin: did you learn all eight topics?
The undergrad book has so much detail I never know what to add or keep in:frown: I'm just going through the spec and making notes, I'm missing out some of the stuff that came up last year though (shame, that globalisation 45marker was a Godsend), how're you revising?
Reply 7
Original post by freefood
At least you've finished:biggrin: did you learn all eight topics?
The undergrad book has so much detail I never know what to add or keep in:frown: I'm just going through the spec and making notes, I'm missing out some of the stuff that came up last year though (shame, that globalisation 45marker was a Godsend), how're you revising?

Yeah, we've learnt all 8 topics.

Revision is going horribly. Is it just me or is there way too much content to learn? I honestly feel so lost.
Ooh just seen this thread, has anyone done any mocks, how were they?
Reply 9
Original post by Redmonds
Ooh just seen this thread, has anyone done any mocks, how were they?
LOL, so bad. When I have notes I can get 40/45, but without I can't even scrape an E.
Original post by bvlck
LOL, so bad. When I have notes I can get 40/45, but without I can't even scrape an E.

Which parts are you finding the most difficult? I can offer some help if you like
Reply 11
Which parts are you finding the most difficult? I can offer some help if you like

Hi, do you have any predictions for unit 3D and 4D?
Original post by IAY
Hi, do you have any predictions for unit 3D and 4D?

I am thinking a UN question certainly for either the 3D 15 or 45 marker. I have a hunch they are going to ask about the effectiveness of the UN. The UN is the key global institution the examiners want you to know about, and it wasn't in last year's paper. Possibly something on Realism and polarity too. Given the context of the EU referendum, maybe an EU controversy question as the exam board likes to be up to date on issues.

For 4D, I think there will be a clash of civilisations question for the 45 marker, given the issues around ISIS this year. This is a popular topic which wasn't on last year's paper. Perhaps also a poverty and development 45 marker
Reply 13
I am thinking a UN question certainly for either the 3D 15 or 45 marker. I have a hunch they are going to ask about the effectiveness of the UN. The UN is the key global institution the examiners want you to know about, and it wasn't in last year's paper. Possibly something on Realism and polarity too. Given the context of the EU referendum, maybe an EU controversy question as the exam board likes to be up to date on issues.

For 4D, I think there will be a clash of civilisations question for the 45 marker, given the issues around ISIS this year. This is a popular topic which wasn't on last year's paper. Perhaps also a poverty and development 45 marker

I also think the rise of China/USA decline will surface for 3D's 45m - that's what my teacher keeps trying to shove down our throats anyway.
Original post by bvlck
I also think the rise of China/USA decline will surface for 3D's 45m - that's what my teacher keeps trying to shove down our throats anyway.

I agree, I think a superpower/hegemony China/USA question is straight forward. All you have to do is evaluate their structural/military/economic strengths and weaknesses
Reply 15
I agree, I think a superpower/hegemony China/USA question is straight forward. All you have to do is evaluate their structural/military/economic strengths and weaknesses

I pray it comes up: I need an A*.
Original post by bvlck
I pray it comes up: I need an A*.

That's what I'm aiming for too, which Uni are you hoping to go to?
Reply 17
That's what I'm aiming for too, which Uni are you hoping to go to?

Ah cool, what are you methods for revising because I honestly feel like I'm going to get a B at this rate. And, UCL, you?
Original post by bvlck
Ah cool, what are you methods for revising because I honestly feel like I'm going to get a B at this rate. And, UCL, you?

I have just done pages and pages of essay plans, started just before easter holidays. I find that notes for this subject are too detailed to revise! UCL, nice! I have an offer for LSE to do Social Policy & Politics
has anyone's teachers made 15/45m predictions for each topic?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending