The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Maths Non-Calc 26/05/16 - how do you guys feel?

Im so nervous:frown:(

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not Ready. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by Dhu000
Not Ready. Good luck!

I dont feel ready either, goodluck to you too!
Reply 3
I feel sort of ready,
I'm set 2 but I've learnt things like Transformations of Graphs, Rearranging Formulas, Reoccurring decimals, etc
Just try to answer as much questions and if you don't get something, just write something down!; you will almost get a mark or two for writing utter bullcrap. Good Luck!
I really don't know what they are going to put in the paper because it is the last year of this syllabus.
What is the grade boundaries of Maths Exdecel? Something out of 200 is what grade etc?
Original post by DrewSpencer
I really don't know what they are going to put in the paper because it is the last year of this syllabus.

Hopefully they go easy on us BECAUSE it's the last year
Reply 7
Original post by Dragomir_Despard
You'll all be fine, what is the worst that can happen

I'm here to help if you need it

Spoiler

You genius!! How did you only drop 17 marks?
My maths teacher said they might even include some of that really hard content that is on next year's paper so the 9-1 spec. I did 2 of those 9-1 papers and I found it TOUGH!
Reply 9
Original post by Salukla
I feel sort of ready,
I'm set 2 but I've learnt things like Transformations of Graphs, Rearranging Formulas, Reoccurring decimals, etc
Just try to answer as much questions and if you don't get something, just write something down!; you will almost get a mark or two for writing utter bullcrap. Good Luck!

Good luck to you too!!
I'm nervous too, but answering a lot of past paper questions.
Reply 11
I worked on my own without the teachers for 36 hours a week

I've been revising since the beginning on year 11 and I have improved a lot.. I just get very nervous and my mind goes blank. It's so weird cause this only happens with maths. Numbers scare me lmao
Hopefully not lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
you need any help with anything

Similar shapes/solids? Pleaseee
Reply 14
Original post by Char4ncubex
My maths teacher said they might even include some of that really hard content that is on next year's paper so the 9-1 spec. I did 2 of those 9-1 papers and I found it TOUGH!

I don't think they're allowed to ask anything from next years spec, only this year's
Original post by ElaArslan
I've been revising since the beginning on year 11 and I have improved a lot.. I just get very nervous and my mind goes blank. It's so weird cause this only happens with maths. Numbers scare me lmao

I am the exact same! Just try keep calm, i know easier said then done. Best of luck!! I know how you're feeling ://///
Reply 16
Hahaha, if it helps try to find somewhere away from friends tomorrow morning, keep calm.

Answer everything, you will pick up marks for workings

Show every step of working

Remember a key on the stem and leaf diagram

If you are adding up frequencies before cumulative frequency, check to see if your final number is the same as the number of objects

Find a question you can do to help get you relaxed and into the flow of maths

DON'T PANIC (at least GCSE results day isnt your birthday)

Thanks for the tips! I'm fine for the first 20/21 questions, its just the questions at the back. How do I approach them?
Reply 17
Original post by erosesme
I am the exact same! Just try keep calm, i know easier said then done. Best of luck!! I know how you're feeling ://///

I hope you do well also :smile: thank you
Original post by Ben.M
I don't think they're allowed to ask anything from next years spec, only this year's

Well he said its a possibility just to make the transition over😂 so it's not a huge leap. But I hope what you said is true
I think they may make the papers easier this year because they don't want another c**k up.
Nevertheless, I'm sure everyone will do great, I mean, I sat last year's papers as mock exams and lost 3 marks overall, so it can't be that hard.
Anyway, good luck to everyone!!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending