The Student Room Group

flash card failure

i know off them and roughly how to do them but what do you do WITH them when youv wrote key points/phrases on them?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shawtyb
i know off them and roughly how to do them but what do you do WITH them when youv wrote key points/phrases on them?!

Do you mean a USB card?
i make mine on quizlet and use the learn feature instead of doing them by hand :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by ODES_PDES
Do you mean a USB card?

Original post by claireestelle
i make mine on quizlet and use the learn feature instead of doing them by hand :smile:

what i mean is i dont know what to do with them. whats the point in writing something on it? what do i do with that information?
surely if i write something on it, i already know the answer?
Original post by shawtyb
what i mean is i dont know what to do with them. whats the point in writing something on it? what do i do with that information?
surely if i write something on it, i already know the answer?

its to test yourself and repeat, the repetition commits it to your long term memory, put the question on on side and the answer on the other :smile:
Reply 5
its to test yourself and repeat, the repetition commits it to your long term memory, put the question on on side and the answer on the other :smile:

but how do u choose what to put on the cards?
Original post by shawtyb
but how do u choose what to put on the cards?

I've mostly studied sciency subjects, so its all facts really. depends what you're studying
Reply 7
I've mostly studied sciency subjects, so its all facts really. depends what you're studying

how do u put an answer with a fact :/
sorry im just trying to figure it out :/
Original post by shawtyb
how do u put an answer with a fact :/
sorry im just trying to figure it out :/

For example:
how many bones are there in the body on one side
then 206 on the other side.
Reply 9
For example:
how many bones are there in the body on one side
then 206 on the other side.

ooh ok.
i cant see them being as good as everyone says they are :/
Reply 10
What"s all this fuss about?
If you don't want them, throw them away
I use flash cards by organising things into paragraphs, and then writing one word of each sentence onto the flashcard. Then I repeat the paragraph over with the key words until I know it from heart :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by iqra2159
What"s all this fuss about?
If you don't want them, throw them away

havent got them...
asking a question related to learning on a student forum. if you have a problem with my harmless question that clearly has no impact on you, your life or your willingness to help, sod off
Reply 13
Original post by preetg97
I use flash cards by organising things into paragraphs, and then writing one word of each sentence onto the flashcard. Then I repeat the paragraph over with the key words until I know it from heart :smile:

i can see that working :smile: would take quite some time?
Original post by shawtyb
ooh ok.
i cant see them being as good as everyone says they are :/

I m a big fan as its a learning tool thats one of the few methods that works for me with my dyslexia but everyone learns in different ways :smile:
Reply 15
I m a big fan as its a learning tool thats one of the few methods that works for me with my dyslexia but everyone learns in different ways :smile:

i dont know which was is best for me.
iv never really revised before :/
Original post by shawtyb
i dont know which was is best for me.
iv never really revised before :/

what subject is it your studying? i guess just give lots of things ago to see what works best for you, youtube videos are another thing that i find really helpful.
Original post by shawtyb
i can see that working :smile: would take quite some time?

I mean it depends on the person, it usually works really well for me and helps me pick things up quickly :smile:
Just a way of making condensed notes for me, but easier to sort out the key points and keep reducing them.
Reply 19
what subject is it your studying? i guess just give lots of things ago to see what works best for you, youtube videos are another thing that i find really helpful.

business management :smile:
what methods are there of revising
i usually just read **** and make notes of important facts etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending