The Student Room Group

I can't concentrate

Hello, I'm in year 10 and I'm finding it really hard to stay focused and concentrate. I know it's not because I find the work hard, because I'm an A grade student, but in class and at home I simply cannot stay focused. I'm worried that this is affecting my grades. At home I cannot do revision and can barely do schoolwork. 30 minutes usually takes me 3 hours. Is there any ways in which I can try and overcome this?
Reply 1
Original post by AmyLouise0504
Hello, I'm in year 10 and I'm finding it really hard to stay focused and concentrate. I know it's not because I find the work hard, because I'm an A grade student, but in class and at home I simply cannot stay focused. I'm worried that this is affecting my grades. At home I cannot do revision and can barely do schoolwork. 30 minutes usually takes me 3 hours. Is there any ways in which I can try and overcome this?

I'm having the same issue. is there anything your got distracted by? Personally, i really get distracted by technology therefore i go to a room where there is nothing but a desk, schoolwork and me. Keep telling yourself that if you focus and revise you will get what you want.
here is something which may help you.Good luck:smile:
http://www.wikihow.com/Concentrate-on-Studies
Original post by geek567
I'm having the same issue. is there anything your got distracted by? Personally, i really get distracted by technology therefore i go to a room where there is nothing but a desk, schoolwork and me. Keep telling yourself that if you focus and revise you will get what you want.
here is something which may help you.Good luck:smile:
http://www.wikihow.com/Concentrate-on-Studies

Thank you so much :smile: I get distracted my people and technology too, even just by music playing in the background. But when I'm at school, say in exam conditions, I somehow still find a way to get distracted and loose focus, and then end up not doing anything.
Reply 3
Thank you so much :smile: I get distracted my people and technology too, even just by music playing in the background. But when I'm at school, say in exam conditions, I somehow still find a way to get distracted and loose focus, and then end up not doing anything.

i wonder why you get distracted in exam conditions.does it not be quiet? is is because there is a lot of people? if so ,talk to your teacher ,if you want to be in a room by yourself Do not "end up not doing anything" as you will guarantee yourself getting zero marks. it is the worst thing you can do in an exam.
hopes this helps.
good luck:smile:
Because I loose attention on the work in doing or get bored, even if I try to carry on I just find it really difficult. And so I sit and fiddle and day dream even though I know I should be working, but my brain just won't let me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5

Hi, I'm a student at university in my second year and know just how hard it is to relax especially when it comes to stresses with exams and assignments. I've written a blog post on How to Relax, which might be helpful to you! Hope this helps, and good luck with everything :smile: x
https://adventuringwithlove.wordpress.com/2016/05/26/how-to-relax/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending