The Student Room Group

Edexcel Physics IGCSE 1P Unofficial Mark Scheme 25th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amarjoshi99
Question on why refractive index doesnt have a unit, why there is not 0 value for it on the graph,

i said because neither sinC nor 1 have units but who knows physics is not my strong point
Original post by george_c00per
Was the LDR at the top of the circuit or at the bottom? I put it at the bottom at first but changed it..

top i think, the one with arrows
Original post by cornflakeexpert
top i think, the one with arrows

Phew thank god I changed it at the last minute, I had a feeling that the arrows meant light going to it. :colondollar:
Reply 23
for the coolant shielding q does anyone know what direction the lines went coz i remember what lines i drew but not what they went too
Original post by igggy
for the coolant shielding q does anyone know what direction the lines went coz i remember what lines i drew but not what they went too

Middle to middle.
Bottom to up.
Up to bottom.

You are very welcome.
Reply 25
Original post by conradliebers
Middle to middle.
Bottom to up.
Up to bottom.

You are very welcome.

thanks mate good to know i got one right :h:
I'm pretty sure 12c was the other way around, it stated that white meant there was more UV so surely the snow absorbed it?
Original post by Annaperdy
I'm pretty sure 12c was the other way around, it stated that white meant there was more UV so surely the snow absorbed it?

No, I even looked it up after the exam. The reason there is a larger amount of UV that is viewed is because it is reflected hence is seen when the photograph was taken.
Original post by Annaperdy

Same!, that was so confusing , apparently online it says snow is the best reflector, question was so misleading
Reply 29
Wait how did u get that orbital speed answer
Reply 30
Predicted grade boundaries?
Reply 31
Original post by ursulab
Wait how did u get that orbital speed answer

by using the formula on the front
Reply 32
For question 12 d) I put the camera was facing away from the sun.

would this still get a mark or not?
Original post by AVishaa
For question 12 d) I put the camera was facing away from the sun.

would this still get a mark or not?

Don't think so.
Original post by emobha
Predicted grade boundaries?

low i hope
and we have maths tommorow :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:
Original post by Job738338
and we have maths tommorow :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

I feel lucky having done it last year. But then for Edexcel they gave us the hardest paper they have released so keep your hopes up.
Guys for the question about the speed of the train I got 8.48... So 8.5(3sf) but a lot of people are saying its 12... Which it could be, but correct me if I am wrong but the question wanted the velocity of the train..so v=square root of ke/halfxmass, and I'm pretty sure the ke was given in MJ (so times by 1mil), and when you do that it gives you my answer...so which one is correct, and if it is 12 can someone plz explain?
Original post by conradliebers
I feel lucky having done it last year. But then for Edexcel they gave us the hardest paper they have released so keep your hopes up.

yeh on this physics id say i got a minimum of 80 so an a star is till within reach becuase the g bounds will be 130 or maybe even lower
Reply 39
I know u have use the equation to find the orbital speed. Did everyone get 179 km per hour for the speed?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending