The Student Room Group

Biology AQA New spec AS-level specimen paper 7401/1

Scroll to see replies

who else is screwed for this exam tomorrow? I was gonna cram but after c2 my stomach feels like it's gonna erupt and be sick :frown:
Reply 101
No you don't that's the old spec
Reply 102
Can someone explain the dilution stock question in paper 2 (set 2)?image.png
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi guy!

Do we have to know about lung diseases etc or just know how to interpret information on graphs?

And also, could someone explain the heavy isoptope experiments on DNA to show it is the semi-conservative model?
How's everyone feeling abou the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Trying to cram everything.
Thank God the exam is in the afternoon.
Do we also need to know about ORS therapy?
Original post by XxsciencemathsxX
Do we also need to know about ORS therapy?

It's not on the spec, but they might give you a question with information on ORS and tell you to apply your scientific knowledge to answer something like "suggest the use of sodium ions in oral rehydration therapy"
Original post by boredom07
It's not on the spec, but they might give you a question with information on ORS and tell you to apply your scientific knowledge to answer something like "suggest the use of sodium ions in oral rehydration therapy"

So what would you put as the answer to that?
Why did i pick biology?
Original post by Redblue12
So what would you put as the answer to that?

I might say to replace those lost from the epithelium though it depends on the information they give.
Reply 111
Original post by eleanor99
Are we meant to know about the nodes and electrical impulses in the heart?

It used to be in the spec but I don't think it is anymore
Reply 112
OCR AS BIOLOGY A (2015) - These puns are getting cornea and cornea...
http://link.q.is/Pnwc/QvKOBHPGFt

This is a quiz for Biology and it is getting constantly updated so it's really great for quick fire revision and good for practice of Multiple choice questions. Although its based from the OCR Spec, it's still useful for revision because biology is simply biology... So enjoy revising!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 113
Are the chi squared test n t test part of as biology?
Reply 114
Original post by issyu
It used to be in the spec but I don't think it is anymore

Are the chi squared tests and t tests part of as biology? Thanks
Hi everyone,

When measuring the magnification of an image and it gives you the actual image on the paper and you have to measure it yourself (They don't give you any figures) how do you measure the image? Obviously with a ruler, but do you measure it length ways? Width ways? Across the largest part? I'm just really confused Dx

Thanks for any help! :smile:
Wait what?? We were never taught about electrical impulses and they aren't in my course specific textbook

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Samihauddin
How's everyone feeling abou the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

Resigned to the fact that I'm going to fail biology. I have English lit tomorrow morning and I only get a 2 hour break... Plus I keep making silly mistakes which are costing me like 3 grades per paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Panic Queen
Omg that's really helpful thank you!
Sorry to be a nuisance, but any chance you have a biology version?

No sorry I don't it would of been really helpful with a biology version
Original post by _naomi0511
Yes we are

No that's out of our spec now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending