The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 9910224
Are you for reals?

Yes. Sneijder is the best 10 in the world, coming off a treble winning season, Garay and Gaitan are young, among the best in their league and would be fairly cheap
oh he mad
The stress from uni exams is on show. **** Mourinho, **** United, **** McNulty, **** the BBC
Something tells me, and this is a real stab in the dark, that leinad2012 doesn't like Man Utd and the BBC.
Original post by leinad2012
Honestly he BBC Sport section is such a ****ing state I'd actually back the tories scrapping the entire BBC. What would we actually be losing thats worthwhile? 3 episodes of Sherlock a year, MOTD (which has become so biased and employs ***** like Danny Murphy anyway so no real loss) and 606 on 5 live (which is cancer 50% anyway with Robbie Savage) and that's about it.
History of kiddie fiddling predators and biased government reporters.
Just bin the ****ing thing, if it were a person it would have stage 4 testicular, prostate and breast cancer all at once

Yeh I agree. Sooner the BBC is scrapped or significantly reformed the better. In the mean time I'll continue refusing to pay the TV tax.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9865
Any signings or rumours?
Can't accept the fact that United will always be a bigger club.
Reply 9867
Original post by difeo
Yes. Sneijder is the best 10 in the world, coming off a treble winning season, Garay and Gaitan are young, among the best in their league and would be fairly cheap

Garay is the best defender at Real Madrid? They've just bought Carvalho from Chelsea and I think Sergio Ramos has a future moving to CB. Arbeloa can play at RB.

I think David Luiz would be great at Barcelona.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Garay is the best defender at Real Madrid? They've just bought Carvalho from Chelsea and I think Sergio Ramos has a future moving to CB. Arbeloa can play at RB.

I think David Luiz would be great at Barcelona.

Sergio Ramos? The young Sevilla defender?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by leinad2012
But nah bruh, you're right, rather than report about actual signings, you know, reporting the news like journalists should, they should run a fifaesque "squad builder" where you can make a team based on players who have been linked to united in the one thousand rumours quoted by the BBC from the Sun and Metro.

Having just completed the #NewManUtdXI (yes, there's an official hashtag to go with the article, so you can see what your other equally noncy cancer ridden United circle jerkers have picked) squad builder, I have chosen:

Beckenbeur
Roberto Carlos Allah(PBUH) Smalling Ronaldo (think he'd be best utilised at LB personally)
Carrick Rooney (DLP ofc)
Messi Jesus Martial
Rashford
(tough call between Pele, Maradona and Rashford, but felt the latter edged the other 2 as he's got youth on his side and is also established in the premier league and Europa League which will help United next season :smile: )

And the worst part, that's a more realistic squad than the ones your fans on twitter posted

oh lord :rofl:
I get the feeling Fernando Hierros going to move to Bolton.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't believe we're in for Batistuta!
Original post by Kenan and Kel

I heard Dean Boyle wants to sign him for Harchester. Can't see him wanting to drop into the Championship though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can I make the next thread? I'll post a really good first post, updated with every new link hot off the press from the bbc about all things United (might need to be paid though, that'd be a full time job). Add in a few McNulty memes to spice things up and maybe.

Have to say I'm pleased you lot have got Mou, it means my team now only have 2 gauranteed losses vs Mou and you lot compared to the 2 vs Mou and 1 at Old Trafford we were used to
News is driven by clicks. That is why the internet is filled with "you won't believe what this 20 year old girl did in Australia!" type headlines. Clicks mean ad revenue, and even for the BBC, especially under the Tory budgetary squeezes, clicks determine allocation of dwindling resources. There are 100 millions articles on Jose to United because its ultimate click bait, it the two biggest click draws combine into one. Its not the United fans that are the problem its the supports other clubs who just can't stop reading about United. The journalist who writes it or the boss who commissions it will be able to justify it in his Monday morning briefing because it got more clicks than anything else.

No point asking for the BBC to be scrapped or reformed its probably the best example of avoiding the utter ******** news has become. You see that via BBC 4 or BBC world service, allocation of resources on a not for profit basis producing low volume high quality content. The whole Man United squad builder would be 100x worse if the BBC was a private service, you only need to look at the utter **** the tabloids who depend on ad revenue churn out. Problem lies with the fact the vast majority of the population are mongs who love this kind of click bait 20 second attention span kind of stuff. The evolution of tactics at West Ham this season under Billic may be a more worthwhile piece but "Zlatan, Bale and Ronaldo to United?" will get more clicks.

Thoughts on Billings and Braithwaite acting like boys in IPL despite what the mother****er did to Stokes? That irks me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Thoughts on Billings and Braithwaite acting like boys in IPL despite what the mother****er did to Stokes? That irks me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everyone's besties in the IPL, good money being made. I remember seeing Warner and Sehwag pinching each others bums ffs.
Everyone's besties in the IPL, good money being made. I remember seeing Warner and Sehwag pinching each others bums ffs.

Takes away from the game though. Like you see Kohli cool with Aussies and Saffers players, and then when he's swearing at them in a World Cup semi, it's not the same any more for me, cos you know they're gonna have a cold one after the game together anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So, it seems we have to spend millions of pounds paying Chelsea off so we can use Mourinho's name/picture on things... yay.
Original post by mojojojo101
So, it seems we have to spend millions of pounds paying Chelsea off so we can use Mourinho's name/picture on things... yay.

Can't complain tbh they gave us 12m for Mikel which paid for Evra and Vidic

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest