The Student Room Group

C2 unofficial answers

Scroll to see replies

I forgot to sub the value into the formula to get the minimum value :/ other than that I loved the paper :smile:
Original post by eftio.gea
Guys wasn't part a of Q9 = 1/3pi(x^2)????

because the sector area is 1/2r^2(theta)
which is 1/2(x^2)(2/3pi)

= 2/6pi(x^2)
= 1/3pi(x^2)
??

i think you're right
Original post by Marxist
Easy paper - last years was slightly more difficult but then again they're all standard tbh

But half of 9 was only accessible to the top as level students, not many in my 6th form proved it. I do further maths I got it, but the rest of my class did not, but there are only 5 of us.
Original post by AstarAstarA
I agree with the first bit. I finished in 15 minutes and did the paper a total of 5 times but still got 74/75

No one should be jumping off a bridge for not being as keen as us at maths

That right there is absolute *******s, you can't finish a 75 mark paper in 15 mins, they say it's a mark a minute so you a mark like every 20 seconds?
I have no idea how you got 120m with the wrong x value.

Most people got 120.2 and rounded it to 120, I got 120.4 and also rounded it to 120.
Original post by not_lucas1
That right there is absolute *******s, you can't finish a 75 mark paper in 15 mins, they say it's a mark a minute so you a mark like every 20 seconds?

He seems like an enthusiast for maths, but also full of BS. Yes, the paper was fine, but his grade boundary predictions are unrealistic, as it still did a good job of differentiating between students, and will most likely have grade boundaries between 62-65.
Not even some of the best further maths students or teachers would be able to finish this in 15 minutes, without making their workings/methods unclear. But whatever, why should you care about a fool.
I hope you did well :smile:
Reply 286
SOMEONE HELP FOR THE LOGS PART B

I SEPARATED THE 2^2X+5 TO (2^X)2+5 -7(2^X) AND MADE Y=2^X

FROM THERE I GOT Y^7-7y=0 AND SOLVED FROM THERE WILL I LOSE ALL MARKS????
Original post by Turtlebunny
He seems like an enthusiast for maths, but also full of BS. Yes, the paper was fine, but his grade boundary predictions are unrealistic, as it still did a good job of differentiating between students, and will most likely have grade boundaries between 62-65.
Not even some of the best further maths students or teachers would be able to finish this in 15 minutes, without making their workings/methods unclear. But whatever, why should you care about a fool.
I hope you did well :smile:

Fool? Right well you proved how ignorant you are. If you do enough practice, you can do Solomon papers in 10 minutes. But I guess most teachers don't do as much practice as the students before the exam. My teacher says she can do C1 in about 20 minutes. I agree with this. It's definitely possible considering how predictable the questions are. You don't need to think much for the majority of questions, it's just recalling methods practiced hours ago repeatedly.

As for the grade boundaries, it's anyone's guess and your estimates are no more valid than mine. This was also based on analysis of previous years' polls and UMS whereas yours is based purely on feeling or sentiment. No offence, but you clearly aren't very intelligent.
does anyone have a worked sokution to 6i?
Original post by not_lucas1

Do as much practice as I and you will become very quick at them because the questions are so predictable and don't vary much if you learn the techniques which can be found in the Revise C2 book. Most of my friends finish in 25-35 minutes and I'm assuming a lot of people finish in less than an hour. 15 minutes is definitely not a record. Practicing past papers will help you next time. It doesn't take a minute for every mark. Stuff such as the remainder theorem question as a whole could be done in less than a minute even though it was worth several marks
Original post by richpanda
i got -2.19.

anyone get 9b+5 for a in terms of b?

Me!

Definitely (9b+number)/ a number
Original post by Marxist
Easy paper - last years was slightly more difficult but then again they're all standard tbh

I agree, that 15 mark question was not really do-able to most of the students, only the top %10
I've been in the habit of rushing maths exams ever since common entrance. It works for me and helps me to be more confident with the questions. I was expecting C2 to be hard this year based on last year's so I did A LOT of preparation yesterday. 15 minutes is perfectly fair for 9 questions which had nothing unusual apart from 10 d) being a non-integer minimum x value. As I say, most of it is regurgitation and using a calculator (get the silver Casio one and learn all of its useful functions such as storing memory and converting to time). Get the Revise C3&4 books which have every type of exam question. And read it a few hours before the exam and you will be able to get full marks in less than half an hour
Original post by marldor
I agree, that 15 mark question was not really do-able to most of the students, only the top %10

Finding a minimum? What's difficult about that? That's so easy
Geometric:
b) 256
c) 1.602

Binomial:
A = 16
k = 7/2
B = 936

Integration:
S = 24.3

Trapezium:
a) 7
b) 20.75
c) R = 5.75

Factor theorem:
a) 5
c) (x + 2)(3x + 2)(2x - 1)

Differentiation(Q10):
a) 1/3PIx^2
d) Minimum = 120m
c) x = 16.63... => f''(x) = 0.437 > 0

Trig identities:
a) Theta = 8/15Pi , -2/15Pi
b) x = 194.5, 345.5

Circle:
a) root(34)
c) 3x + 5x - 95 = 0

Log:
i) (a - 5)/9
ii) -2.19

Likely UMS:

68 - A
57 - B
49 - C
41 - D
36 - E
U

so what you saying UMS wise............ 68 marks or UMS?? :smile:
Do as much practice as I and you will become very quick at them because the questions are so predictable and don't vary much if you learn the techniques which can be found in the Revise C2 book. Most of my friends finish in 25-35 minutes and I'm assuming a lot of people finish in less than an hour. 15 minutes is definitely not a record. Practicing past papers will help you next time. It doesn't take a minute for every mark. Stuff such as the remainder theorem question as a whole could be done in less than a minute even though it was worth several marks

for the remainder theorem question I used polynomial division and got a remainder of 5..... is that aloud??
Original post by Guèpard
I forgot to sub the value into the formula to get the minimum value :/ other than that I loved the paper :smile:

what did you get for the first trig values?
Do you have a link to the book?

I've been in the habit of rushing maths exams ever since common entrance. It works for me and helps me to be more confident with the questions. I was expecting C2 to be hard this year based on last year's so I did A LOT of preparation yesterday. 15 minutes is perfectly fair for 9 questions which had nothing unusual apart from 10 d) being a non-integer minimum x value. As I say, most of it is regurgitation and using a calculator (get the silver Casio one and learn all of its useful functions such as storing memory and converting to time). Get the Revise C3&4 books which have every type of exam question. And read it a few hours before the exam and you will be able to get full marks in less than half an hour
Original post by raman_17
for the remainder theorem question I used polynomial division and got a remainder of 5..... is that aloud??

I think it is. It depends on the EXACT wording of the question. If it said, 'using the factor theorem, find the remainder of' or if it said just 'find the remainder'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending