The Student Room Group

Next years GCSE's: Hard or easy?

As were the last ones to do the old GCSE (except from maths and English) Do you think our exams will be harder?
they certainly won't be harder, as exam boards are companies and want schools to use their courses
Way more difficult;

1) Overall there's more to learn, such as iterative processes in maths and cubic equations.

2) There are no helpful things within the exams- no data sheets, no equation sheets, no books or anthologies within the actual exams.

3) Even more difficult arts subjects because the stupid government are wanting to make the EBacc more prominent.

I feel sorry for you guys...
Reply 3
Original post by *Alisha*
As were the last ones to do the old GCSE (except from maths and English) Do you think our exams will be harder?

not really! just revise for your maths exam for tomorrow. It will be harder this year, as it was harder last year.
Original post by Mayhem™
they certainly won't be harder, as exam boards are companies and want schools to use their courses

Maybe....
Original post by jjj99
not really! just revise for your maths exam for tomorrow. It will be harder this year, as it was harder last year.

I'm in year 10. So I'm not doing the maths exam yet:h:
Goodluck though:smile:
Original post by TeenPolyglot
Way more difficult;

1) Overall there's more to learn, such as iterative processes in maths and cubic equations.

2) There are no helpful things within the exams- no data sheets, no equation sheets, no books or anthologies within the actual exams.

3) Even more difficult arts subjects because the stupid government are wanting to make the EBacc more prominent.

I feel sorry for you guys...

No, I meant for the current year 10's as they exams for the current year 9's are going to be much more challenging.
Reply 7
I'm in year 10. So I'm not doing the maths exam yet:h:
Goodluck though:smile:

Thanks!
No, I meant for the current year 10's as they exams for the current year 9's are going to be much more challenging.

Ahh right, well it will be much similar to what we're doing at the moment...

If anything, it will probably be quite a bit harder for you guys next year, purely because the grade boundaries are probably going to be quite high, so they'll make the exams harder I'm thinking.
Original post by TeenPolyglot
Ahh right, well it will be much similar to what we're doing at the moment...

If anything, it will probably be quite a bit harder for you guys next year, purely because the grade boundaries are probably going to be quite high, so they'll make the exams harder I'm thinking.

I'm pretty scared for my mocks as well.
Everyone usually thinks the exams they're sitting have been the hardest compared to the previous years. No doubt the students sitting their gcses next year are gonna feel the same.
I think that they'll make them harder so that there's not a huge difference between performances on the old spec and on the new, sorry you lot! :s-smilie:
They don't want the new spec exams to look too bad so they'll want the difference between the two to be small, meaning harder exams and harsher grade boundaries for you guys.
Meanwhile this year's papers have been excellent - I feel sorry for you all :frown:

All i can say is they r going to be really hard i asked my english teacher about english GCSE next year and she said you are so luck to be the last year getting it easy next year they are really hard.:s-smilie:
Original post by jjj99

I hope its ok to be honest cause last years paper was really hard
Maybe....

I read the title wrong; I thought it was for THIS year's exams :colonhash:
Original post by Mehak.Javed
All i can say is they r going to be really hard i asked my english teacher about english GCSE next year and she said you are so luck to be the last year getting it easy next year they are really hard.:s-smilie:

Where doing the new GCSE for maths and English only,

Quick Reply

Latest