The Student Room Group

How lenient will they be?

Hey, so I'm currently taking my AS level exams I do english, psychology, gov&politics, but I am scared that I may not get the grades to apply for Business Management at Nottingham Trent. The course requires 280 ucas points (BCC) But I think with my AS levels I will get something like BCD . I know that these grades do not contribute to my overall a levels but I will have to declare them on my UCAS. However I don't want to apply to unis with lower entry requirements, then have to go through the stress of adjustment/clearing if my results are better, also I am quite reluctant to take a gap year. I am planning on taking some work experience this summer so hopefully I can put this in my personal statement. Sorry if I sound as if I think that I'm entitled, but I know I am very capable of meeting the requirements (I got 1A*, 5A's, and 4B's at gcse) , its just that I've messed up this first year of a levels. I'd be grateful on any sort of feedback, thanks
Original post by dmy15
Hey, so I'm currently taking my AS level exams I do english, psychology, gov&politics, but I am scared that I may not get the grades to apply for Business Management at Nottingham Trent. The course requires 280 ucas points (BCC) But I think with my AS levels I will get something like BCD . I know that these grades do not contribute to my overall a levels but I will have to declare them on my UCAS. However I don't want to apply to unis with lower entry requirements, then have to go through the stress of adjustment/clearing if my results are better, also I am quite reluctant to take a gap year. I am planning on taking some work experience this summer so hopefully I can put this in my personal statement. Sorry if I sound as if I think that I'm entitled, but I know I am very capable of meeting the requirements (I got 1A*, 5A's, and 4B's at gcse) , its just that I've messed up this first year of a levels. I'd be grateful on any sort of feedback, thanks

If you are one grade off, then it could be worth the risk of trying but try safer options or foundation years for your other choices.
Reply 2
bump
Reply 3
Original post by dmy15

Aside from Nottingham Trent what other unis are you considering? I messed up in my first year of a levels too getting C's or B's and not putting effort in whereas my second year I was gettings B's, A's and Distinction*'s. In total my grades for some subjects were lower because of first year.
But this didn't stop or affect me negatively, I got in to Newman University and onto Business Management and was offered a scholarship based on my grades even though I knew I could have done better.
Just because some uni's have lower requirements may not mean they are bad uni's. If you directly ring the uni's that you are interested in and see what each person advises?
As for work experience that's great! The more you can get the better it will benefit you not just looking good on paper :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending