The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Physics Unit 1 - Unofficial Mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Ram235
I know you have read it during revision but firstly when u think about it, diffraction increases when the wavelength is longer in comparison to the gap. I have checked with numerous people and all the physics teachers at my school agreed with me , trust me I'm 110% sure I'm right !!

I agree with rihana.c... I am pretty sure diffraction is greatest when the gap is the same size as the wavelength. If you check bbc bitesize, it says "When a wave passes through a gap the diffraction effect is greatest when the width of the gap is about the same size as the wavelength of the wave."
Reply 381
Yeah I got that I think it's right
I'll just be on my way to purchase a bottle of bleach
Why is the very first calculation was 340m/s? thanks
Reply 384
Original post by epoddoulc
I'll just be on my way to purchase a bottle of bleach

*insert funny reference to Eva Smith*
Original post by tianshan
You forgot to subtract that from 100, so 100 - 22 = 78*C

i almost wrote 22 THANK GOD I DIDN'T
Original post by Ingu28
*insert funny reference to Eva Smith*

I literally have no idea who that is lol
Reply 387
For the 2 factors that effect the energy transfer of the mug, I put the surface area of the mug and the material the mug is sitting on. Is that correct? (Near the end of the paper)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 388
Original post by epoddoulc
I literally have no idea who that is lol

She's a character from 'An Inspector Calls' which I studied for AQA English Literature. She drank disinfectant in the play.
For the disadvantages of nuclear power stations, would I get the mark if I said "They carry risks of a major catastrophe, since nuclear fuels are involved"?
For 7, would dark matter/energy be acceptable?
Reply 391
Was the six marker not about the hydroelectric dams but turbines in water?! I talked about damage to habitats and possible flooding as disadvantage.Are hydroelectric generators the same thing (I know the hill thing has a turbine but I don't know if that's what they were asking)
Original post by Tonkii
Was the six marker not about the hydroelectric dams but turbines in water?! I talked about damage to habitats and possible flooding as disadvantage.Are hydroelectric generators the same thing (I know the hill thing has a turbine but I don't know if that's what they were asking)

about generating electricity not habitat destruction
Can you do a foundation mark scheme?
Original post by Ingu28
She's a character from 'An Inspector Calls' which I studied for AQA English Literature. She drank disinfectant in the play.

Ah, I see... :colone:
Reply 395
Original post by Mahrez
about generating electricity not habitat destruction

Yeah I meant about the actual method itself; were they going to put turbines in the rivers or use the dams?
I thought I had that six marker...
would it be acceptable on the mug question about energy transfer to say that the surface area of the mug, the liquid exposed affects the rate?
Original post by Tonkii
Yeah I meant about the actual method itself; were they going to put turbines in the rivers or use the dams?
I thought I had that six marker...

I was careful about that because it might not count but I suppose you will get the mark
I think I got about 48/49; I hoping I get an A!
Original post by strongcurrent
I think I got about 48/49; I hoping I get an A!

That would be a solid A maybe even A*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending