The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pa16
I also got an email stating stating i didnt accept the provisional offer ......

Ah seems here may have been a glitch in the system then!
Original post by Echopark88
I emailed them for some more info re: timescale for pre employment checks as I'm currently applying for a mortgage and they want a copy of my formal offer and salary. This is the response I got:

Good Morning Thank you for your e-mail. As the take up duty date is more than 3 months away the checks have not yet commence on this campaign. Once checks do commence they can take up to 20 working days for clearance, you will receive e-mail notification to confirm your checks are complete. Kind regardsCivil Service Resourcing

Can't quite believe it seen as at application and interview I was told start dates would be around June time. Pretty frustrating really.

Did you interview around April time? If so you shouldn't have been told there would be a June start. I was one of the interviewers and we didn't know, all we knew was that all successful candidates would go onto a reserve list and then gradually get taken off as and when jobs start.
After a LOT of chasing I was told formal offers will be going out within the next week or so and I had a call on Monday from the vacancy holder explaining my role - he said he was expecting the start date to be 4th July. I don't know if its different for different areas but I will be based in Birmingham and that's what I have been told. Hope this helps...
:lolwut: For those that are shocked/disappointed at 3 month waits, incorrect email addresses, emails being bounced or receiving wrong emails; this is absolutely par for the course for large (or indeed small) Recruitment campaigns run in govt depts.
Reply 264
Original post by NatalieAnnex
After a LOT of chasing I was told formal offers will be going out within the next week or so and I had a call on Monday from the vacancy holder explaining my role - he said he was expecting the start date to be 4th July. I don't know if its different for different areas but I will be based in Birmingham and that's what I have been told. Hope this helps...

Have you had your dbs certificate or a health questionnaire?
Original post by Sljca
Have you had your dbs certificate or a health questionnaire?

No but I don't think I need them as I already work for HMRC
Original post by NatalieAnnex

Do you have any information about your role? I know it will vary by site by I'm curious which areas of tax people will be posted into.
I have been told twice about June and I have never been informed about reserve lists. Think I have a right to be frustrated. It's Manchester I've gone for so maybe Birmingham is different.
Candidate pack said:

3. If I am successful, when can I expect to take up duty? Successful candidates will be appointed in merit order to their preferred location. The first appointments are planned from June 2016 onwards. Candidates who reach the required standard but who are not initially selected for an appointment will be placed on a reserve list for up to 12 months. HMRC may offer further external appointments to fill vacancies for the duration of the list. Successful applicants will only be offered ONE post. If this is refused they will be removed from the list. There will be limited exceptions to this for example, a candidate may not be able to take up duty because they are required to serve a period of notice. We will ask for this information before you are appointed.

And I'm not on a reserve list..

I guess from June onwards is vague.

Oh well - I'll stop moaning now and sit and wait! :tongue:
Original post by pukahontas
Do you have any information about your role? I know it will vary by site by I'm curious which areas of tax people will be posted into.

I only know a little bit about it but it's on income tax for SME, just can't wait to start now!
My emails seem to be coming from ISBC (individuals & small business compliance) so I'm assuming that's where they intend to put me, although I could be completely wrong. No idea what this involves.
Reply 271
Hey!

Is there anyone on this forum who currently works at HMRC/Civil Service that hasn't had their pre employment checks completed?
Original post by SW19!
Hey!

Is there anyone on this forum who currently works at HMRC/Civil Service that hasn't had their pre employment checks completed?

I'm civil service and waiting for my pre-employment checks. I know mine will take longer as I have a health condition that they will want me to see OH about.

Just re: the Disclosure checks - these can take a long time depending on which police force areas you have lived in during the last 5 years. If you've lived in Metropolitan, Northamptonshire or Dorset police areas you could be in for a long wait....Last I heard the Met has at least a four month backlog.

I've just noticed your user name - hope this isn't an indication that you live in SW19 (the Met's area!)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 273
I work for the civil service and have not had anything yet. I'm in the Salford/Manchester area.
Reply 274
Original post by SW19!
Hey!

Yes i work for DWP and still waiting
Original post by SW19!
Hey!

I currently work for HMRC and my checks are not yet conpleted.

I did get an email yesterday asking for references.
I'm not civil service and have been provisionally offered an O position (for Manchester).

My checks are currently taking place and they emailed me yesterday saying I hadn't completed a health declaration (which wasn't even available on the CS jobs portal).

I've completed and sent this form back to them. Hopefully won't take too long before formal offer and start date arrives.
300 more HO posts have been advertised today on CS Jobs under CSR/1320/16 Higher Officer Caseworkers (Tax Professional and Operational Delivery)

The advert mentions risk and intelligence positions this time which weren't mentioned in the previous campaign so perhaps a greater variety of roles available in this advertisement.

Edit: There's a separate advertisement for existing civil servants under CSR/1321/16 but the total number of positions available is still 300. It seems existing civil servants don't have to provide the qualifications that external applicants do or complete the CSIST but need to apply through the CSR/1321/16 advertisement.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 278
Yeah, think they're taking on 600 in total! That combined with this campaign takes it to over 1000 nationwide not including the posts advertised in September. Hopefully the people from this campaign who got put on the reserve list (not sure if there was one?) will now be getting provisional offers!
Original post by SW19!
Yeah, think they're taking on 600 in total! That combined with this campaign takes it to over 1000 nationwide not including the posts advertised in September. Hopefully the people from this campaign who got put on the reserve list (not sure if there was one?) will now be getting provisional offers!

It will be 300 positions in total, just separate advertisements for internal and external applicants.

Latest

Trending

Trending