Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ollie1999
Yeah that would work

Was what A B or C?

There was a question that said which liquid evaporates the slowest, It was A
Original post by Sumayyah K
There was a question that said which liquid evaporates the slowest, It was A

Oh right yeah
Nuclear Isoptope that is used in the nuclear power stations for fission (Uranium-235) is also non-renewable btw, as it isn't constantly refreshing itself, so it would be valid. You'd need to explain why though, as most people think renewable and low carbon emissions is the same. Nuclear is low carbon, but non-renewable.

For the bat question it has to be SAME wavelength as the bat or insect or whatever. It causes the waves to SPREAD.

the coffee heater depended on the TEMPERATURE DIFFERENCE, and the SURFACE AREA IN CONTACT WITH THE BASE.

There's also a mistake in the Longitudinal wave question- the DIRECTION OR OSCILLATION is PARALLEL, which is 0 degrees from the direction of travel.

Good Unofficial Mark Scheme tho :congrats:
Reply 103
Can anyone take a guess at the A* boundary?
Ffs, the two maths questions baffled me, because they gave 4 parts of the equation. will i still get marks for writing the equation down?
Original post by ozziess
Ffs, the two maths questions baffled me, because they gave 4 parts of the equation. will i still get marks for writing the equation down?

Yeah, those two maths questions on one page they confused me so much! And for the temperature change, the answer was apparently 78, but I somehow got 80 :frown: Really annoying.
Did anyone get 0.048 for the question where most people got 0.48 ?
Also what did you guys score ?
Original post by longshot100

For the bat question it has to be SAME wavelength as the bat or insect or whatever. It causes the waves to SPREAD.

For the second fill in the gaps, I wrote "same order of magnitude" or something like that (instead of "the same"), that I took from the spec where it says:

Candidates should appreciate that significant diffractiononly occurs when the wavelength of the wave is of thesame order of magnitude as the size of the gap orobstacle.

Is this correct, or am I completely wrong lol? :frown:
Original post by redsoules
Sorry. It asked for TEMPERATURE CHANGE not the actual temp. It was 22oC

Well ****. This is what I thought It asked anyway? It gave SHC, what we needed to find out what the temperature difference. and the difference was 22. From my calculations anyway??

you needed to take the 22 away from the initial temp which was 100
Original post by romansholiday
For the second fill in the gaps, I wrote "same order of magnitude" or something like that (instead of "the same":wink:, that I took from the spec where it says:

Candidates should appreciate that significant diffractiononly occurs when the wavelength of the wave is of thesame order of magnitude as the size of the gap orobstacle.

I wrote the same thing !! I don't know - i think it's right :smile:
Also, you know the question where everyone got 0.48 what did you get ? Because i got 0.048
There was a question to do with hz to khz and the answer was 340m/s i think. It was on the first page
It was pretty awkward at the start of the exam when all I could see was a bat, which made me think the first question was about Batman - was absolutely shitting myself.
Anyone have any idea/guesses about grade boundaries?
In the last answer (32), I included everything. However where is says "less dense" I put dense and where it says "dense" I put less dense. So I confused it a bit. Will I lose the whole marks ?
Reply 114
Oops I think I have failed that one....
I'm guessing the A* boundary will be somewhat similar to the 2015 paper as I would regard them as similar difficulty, so probably 48/60. There are usually nine marks between each boundary so approximately I would say:

A* 48
A 39
B 30
C 21
D 12
Original post by Jakaoaodcjzjja
In the last answer (32), I included everything. However where is says "less dense" I put dense and where it says "dense" I put less dense. So I confused it a bit. Will I lose the whole marks ?

If you mentioned 'spreading out of particles/molecules' and 'rising' you should get atleast 2
Original post by Jamie Vardy
It was pretty awkward at the start of the exam when all I could see was a bat, which made me think the first question was about Batman - was absolutely shitting myself.

Same, could see that bat through the front page and thought it was going to be on the surface area of it's wings or some sh*t :biggrin:
Original post by nisha.sri
I wrote the same thing !! I don't know - i think it's right :smile:
Also, you know the question where everyone got 0.48 what did you get ? Because i got 0.048

I honestly can't remember, where was that question in the paper? Like what was the context of the question...?
Original post by romansholiday
For the second fill in the gaps, I wrote "same order of magnitude" or something like that (instead of "the same"), that I took from the spec where it says:

I don't know tbh, but if the spec said it's correct I guess they'd have no option but to give you the mark...

Original post by Jamie Vardy

I think I drew the bat signal in the corner of that page haha. I like to screw about with the paper like that. I think I started drawing steam around the mug one too :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending