The Student Room Group

What happens if you flop a retake year (12)

Just out of curiosity

Will the sixth form kick the person out, or allow them to do something else?
Original post by GreenNinjaa
Just out of curiosity

taken year 12 twice ?

I strongly suspect you will be advised to "consider a provider whose courses are more in line with your learning style "...
Reply 2
Original post by zippyRN
taken year 12 twice ?

I strongly suspect you will be advised to "consider a provider whose courses are more in line with your learning style "...

Would a sixth form allow to retake twice?

Maybe with alot of persuasion, but yeah, that annoying line is always said...
Just out of curiosity

At my sixth form at least i doubt they would allow people to retake the year twice... are you in this position now?
Reply 4
Original post by maddywald
At my sixth form at least i doubt they would allow people to retake the year twice... are you in this position now?

Nope
I basically reviewed my performance in my exams, had my last exam today
And after looking at TSR and the forums of the exams, I feel like sh*t thinking I've failed... :frown:
Nope
I basically reviewed my performance in my exams, had my last exam today
And after looking at TSR and the forums of the exams, I feel like sh*t thinking I've failed... :frown:

Are you in year 12? Honestly though, i know its cliche but it's probably better than you think. TSR is in NO WAY AT ALL representative of the whole country - I would say about 75% of people on here are too clever for their own good :biggrin: i always seek out twitter comments if i feel an exam went bad, you'd be surprised at how many people feel the same! And one more thing... i tend to find the more you think about the exams, the worse it gets, you'll feel better in a couple of days i promise. You're exam free for the rest of the academic year, enjoy it!!! Some of my friends still have 5 exams left :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Are you in year 12? Honestly though, i know its cliche but it's probably better than you think. TSR is in NO WAY AT ALL representative of the whole country - I would say about 75% of people on here are too clever for their own good :biggrin: i always seek out twitter comments if i feel an exam went bad, you'd be surprised at how many people feel the same! And one more thing... i tend to find the more you think about the exams, the worse it gets, you'll feel better in a couple of days i promise. You're exam free for the rest of the academic year, enjoy it!!! Some of my friends still have 5 exams left :s-smilie:

Yep, Im in year 12.. technically retaking from my mess up last year
Everyone just seems to discuss their answers, and I fear failing this year again :'(
I know I shouldn't be thinking about it, but i'm just dreading seeing another failed year again
Like I did try this year, but when everyone discusses it, I just get that feeling I did last year on results day..
Thank you for your response though! Much appreciated :smile:
Original post by LittleRey99
You're a legend.

i try :wink:
Yep, Im in year 12.. technically retaking from my mess up last year
Everyone just seems to discuss their answers, and I fear failing this year again :'(
I know I shouldn't be thinking about it, but i'm just dreading seeing another failed year again
Like I did try this year, but when everyone discusses it, I just get that feeling I did last year on results day..
Thank you for your response though! Much appreciated :smile:

Yeah i cant imagine how you must be feeling right now! I admire people who retake the year, it takes a lot of determination :smile: You're welcome though, and good luck with your results <3
Reply 9
Yeah i cant imagine how you must be feeling right now! I admire people who retake the year, it takes a lot of determination :smile: You're welcome though, and good luck with your results <3

Thank you so much! :')
Good luck to you too!
Thank you so much! :':wink:
Good luck to you too!

Thanks! :smile:))

Quick Reply

Latest