The Student Room Group

GCSE Media Studies ?

Simple question, do you think I should choose Media Studies or Product Design for GCSE??
Original post by Crazydreamhunter
Simple question, do you think I should choose Media Studies or Product Design for GCSE??

Depends what you are interested in and what you are good at! I did GCSE Media Studies, as long with the BTEC of it and I enjoyed it, did a bit boring but it was good.
Original post by Rhythmical
Depends what you are interested in and what you are good at! I did GCSE Media Studies, as long with the BTEC of it and I enjoyed it, did a bit boring but it was good.

I don't know what Im interested in, as long as it's fun and not boring and can somehow help in life. I was originally set on PD but a lot of kids told me that Media is fun and all. Honestly I'm not very good with english or writing. However I also dont know how good I'm at practicals. I feel so lost.
I don't know what Im interested in, as long as it's fun and not boring and can somehow help in life. I was originally set on PD but a lot of kids told me that Media is fun and all. Honestly I'm not very good with english or writing. However I also dont know how good I'm at practicals. I feel so lost.

Media involves a fair bit of analysing and writing, I did a lot of essays and analysis but it is fun, but requires a lot of hard work.
GCSE Media studies is crap. It was a compulsory subject at my school and the exam was so boring. You had to draw a bloody story borad in the exam.
Reply 5

Do what your heat desires! I opted for product design but I couldn't do it because it didn't fit in with my other options so now I'm stuck doing media studies. Personally, I detest it but it really depends on your likes and what you would like to do in the future :smile:
Hm I would say if you like english I would choose Media. Media was the most fun GCSE course I did, 2 years of messing around on various coursework projects and somehow got an A* (In the coursework, the exam was 2 days ago :tongue:0 :smile: There is a fair bit of writing required and you will need to have basic knowledge of theories and terms so it's not all fun and games. The exam is very stress free too as you got preliminary material before. All in all I highly recommend media!

Quick Reply

Latest