The Student Room Group

Girl knows I like her, but won't let me touch her?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Like when I am with her, she'll stare at me, hug someone she never usually hugs whilst staring at me, been told she don't do it when I am not there.
Teases me, like insults or throwing bits of drink or whatever, but not in a "mean" kind of way, yet she asked me to meet her, like wtf. I went to cuddle her goodbye, and I tapped her on the shoulder and she just said "don't touch me" in a moany kind of voice. Why does she do this, it only happened after she found out I liked her. Oh and I get the feeling she doesn't want to be alone with me, but why do that stuff. Or if I stop texting her (she was complaining the amount I did, and I did a lot) she'll then pop up to me a week or so later :/

Life is easier if you take women at face value. To me her body language and behaviour suggests she just isn't that into you. Maybe she likes the attention, but she simply isn't actually keen on you.

Move on bro, save yourself too much wasted mental energy thinking about it.
Or better yet, ram that metaphorical ship right into the ice and go for broke, ask her out straight up.
If she says yes, superb. If she says no then good, the ball is in her court.

Either way sitting about dumbstruck over-thinking it leads nowhere. Pursue or move on.
Reply 61
She probably is using you and you do not even realise it. If she told her friend to rip up a the Valentine's day card then wtf! If i was her and really did like you i would hide it and secretly look at it (wow that sounds weird) but yeah i would treasure it. Sorry to say this but she doesn't care about you. Don't beg it to her, if it has been six months you would have probably been dating by now if she really gave you her full attention and cared.
(edited 7 years ago)
17, nearly 18, and 15 and a half

Okay well that explains a lot bro she's really immature and still in the attention-seeking phase of her life I hate to break it to you but you need to shun her completely. If she texts you ignore it, if she tries talking to you in person then you need to put minimal effort into your response and make it look like you don't care. This is gonna infuriate her a bit and shes gonna make desperate attempts to get your attention back but you can't let her do that, be strong. I don't wanna know a girl is playing you so I'm giving you my best advice from the heart. You'll come out the other side as a stronger and better man.

Listen to your bro, don't trust a hoe!
Original post by 123moon
She probably is using you and you do not even realise it. If she told her friend to rip up a the Valentine's day card then wtf! If i was her and really did like you i would hide it and secretly look at it (wow that sounds weird) but yeah i would treasure it. Sorry to say this but she doesn't care about you. Don't beg it to her, if it has been six months you would have probably been dating by now if she really gave you her full attention and cared.

one of my mutual friends said she read it and her best friend snatched it and ripped it up, he best friend hated me, she's only talking to me again as she's not friends with that girl anymore
Original post by 123moon

well we stopped being friends for like 5 months coz I hate a massive go at her best friend for being a ****, lol, it's only recently she's started to ask me to come out with her and other mutual friends
Reply 65
one of my mutual friends said she read it and her best friend snatched it and ripped it up, he best friend hated me, she's only talking to me again as she's not friends with that girl anymore

Oh right sorry my bad for misinterpreting the situation, but do you not think if she felt bad she would at least say 'oh i got the card and it was… but my friend ripped it' even if it was on the phone or she could say something along those lines just to give you some sort of inkling that she liked you. From this you can tell that she is very immature and is influenced very much by her social group and that if you got into a relationship with her, it could be very much one sided and unreciprocated but do not get me wrong she could be shy because of your age and how old you are but idk her as well as you but from what i know she sounds very misleading and unpredictable so i would stay away if i were you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 66
I'm really sorry and I hoped I helped the situation (I'm 16 and go to an all girls school so i know how they all think and have to listen to their own relationship crisis') and i hope everything works out for you. If you need anymore advice feel free to message/ or tag me. :smile:
No they don't, I'm repulsive and a loser

DO NOT SAY THAT ABOUT YOURSELF
If she is not interested in you then don't waste your time. Get a bit of space from her and distance yourself. It might be hard but trust me when i say i have been in this situation before. Also, don't buy her anything. If she is just being a manipulative you know what and you realise that afterwards you don't want to know that you wasted bucks on a girl who does not even like you, it will give you the most horrible feeling ever. If she does not care at the fact that you are not chasing after her anymore, then she probably does not like you and she is leading you on.

However it might just be her way of reacting to the situation. She might be shy or not very used to the idea of a guy/girl having romantic feelings for her. This could cause her to act the way she is. If she is bothered by your absence, she probably does like you. (WARNING: SHE MIGHT LIKE YOU MORE AS A FRIEND THAN ANYTHING ELSE-COULD BE THE REASON WHY SHE IS BEING SO MEAN-MIGHT BE A LITTLE AWKWARD FOR HER)

I know it probably will be hard but space is what you need right now. Distract yourself with other things. If she is not the right person for you then remember that your girl is somewhere out there in the world, you just going to have to find her.

TRUST ME ON THIS ONE-WISH YOU ALL THE BEST
ADIOS
*Oh and i am a girl just want to clarify
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 123moon
Oh right sorry my bad for misinterpreting the situation, but do you not think if she felt bad she would at least say 'oh i got the card and it was… but my friend ripped it' even if it was on the phone or she could say something along those lines just to give you some sort of inkling that she liked you. From this you can tell that she is very immature and is influenced very much by her social group and that if you got into a relationship with her, it could be very much one sided and unreciprocated but do not get me wrong she could be shy because of your age and how old you are but idk her as well as you but from what i know she sounds very misleading and unpredictable so i would stay away if i were you.

all she said to me was that "the card kinda got destroyed" didn't say her friend did it and I blubbed and got drunk for a few days and then my mutual friend told me what happened. Yeah I should really just stop
Reply 69
all she said to me was that "the card kinda got destroyed" didn't say her friend did it and I blubbed and got drunk for a few days and then my mutual friend told me what happened. Yeah I should really just stop

No it's okay but did she seem upset when she told you? It sounds as though you really do love her and if you really feel as though it's right then maybe you should go for it, but possibly not not as it may be deemed illegal due to the age gap wait until she turns 16 but be prepared for heartbreak but do what makes you and her happy and don't dwell on it to much if she says she does not want a relationship with you and accept what she wants and in the long term you may realise that it was for the best.
Original post by 123moon
No it's okay but did she seem upset when she told you? It sounds as though you really do love her and if you really feel as though it's right then maybe you should go for it, but possibly not not as it may be deemed illegal due to the age gap wait until she turns 16 but be prepared for heartbreak but do what makes you and her happy and don't dwell on it to much if she says she does not want a relationship with you and accept what she wants and in the long term you may realise that it was for the best.

It was over text and I have no idea, mmm, I think I'll pass on meeting her as she usually just acts a little distant and we don't do anything interesting, well, probably that I'm more up for going out in the car with mates and getting drunk than watching her tease me all night lolx Plus I can't really go to the place she lives as about 20 chavs want to beat me up(they have once)
Reply 71
It was over text and I have no idea, mmm, I think I'll pass on meeting her as she usually just acts a little distant and we don't do anything interesting, well, probably that I'm more up for going out in the car with mates and getting drunk than watching her tease me all night lolx Plus I can't really go to the place she lives as about 20 chavs want to beat me up(they have once)

Lol we/i just want you to be happy and if going out in the car with mates makes you happy then go for it. Don't get to hung up on her and i hope everything works out for you! :wink: (P.S. it's best to leave the chavs alone they are nothing but trouble) have a nice night x
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 72
Jesus christ man i need to fix you up, if you live in birmingham i will take you shopping and to the gym so you can become a stronger person, the level of misery im witnessing here distresses me
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
Life is easier if you take women at face value. To me her body language and behaviour suggests she just isn't that into you. Maybe she likes the attention, but she simply isn't actually keen on you.

Move on bro, save yourself too much wasted mental energy thinking about it.
Or better yet, ram that metaphorical ship right into the ice and go for broke, ask her out straight up.
If she says yes, superb. If she says no then good, the ball is in her court.

Either way sitting about dumbstruck over-thinking it leads nowhere. Pursue or move on.

What if she does not answer
Original post by nerdyvsrebel
What if she does not answer

Take it as a no and move on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending