The Student Room Group
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website

Unconditional offer - didn't sit a levels due to death in the family - HELP

Hi

I was supposed to be sitting a GCE business as an external student, I had paid to study and paid for a tutor to guide me through the course, however 2 days before the exam I had some un-expected news that led to me not sitting either of my exams.

I have UCAS points already under my belt and UEL have offered me an unconditional place in September! I just was wondering if they can withdraw the offer? I'm hoping they would take into consideration whats happened but I'm unsure. Please help!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by hj101
Hi

I was supposed to be sitting a GCE business as an external student, I had paid to study and paid for a tutor to guide me through the course, however 2 days before the exam I had some un-expected news that led to me not sitting either of my exams.

I have UCAS points already under my belt and UEL have offered me an unconditional place in September! I just was wondering if they can withdraw the offer? I'm hoping they would take into consideration whats happened but I'm unsure. Please help!

Will you still get a grade or certificate for business? You'll only know if you speak to them yourselves.
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Will you still get a grade or certificate for business? You'll only know if you speak to them yourselves.

Thank you for your reply. I am unsure I will. I did not right down a grade in my UCAS application so I am wondering if they have accepted me off my previous points? Everything seems to be going against me at the minute, so I hope they understand.
Original post by hj101
Thank you for your reply. I am unsure I will. I did not right down a grade in my UCAS application so I am wondering if they have accepted me off my previous points? Everything seems to be going against me at the minute, so I hope they understand.

Have you contacted the exam board? did you include that you were sitting business on your ucas?
I think its 99.9% it will make no difference under the circumstances. As said above check and that will give you peace of mind.
Reply 5
Original post by claireestelle
Have you contacted the exam board? did you include that you were sitting business on your ucas?

I have contacted UEL and someone on the phone said to me it's fine. I think I'm just worrying to much, I just want to make 100% sure that I still have my place at the university, it's something that I'm actually looking forward to.
Original post by hj101
I have contacted UEL and someone on the phone said to me it's fine. I think I'm just worrying to much, I just want to make 100% sure that I still have my place at the university, it's something that I'm actually looking forward to.

If they told you that its fine then it appears you have nothing to worry about :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending