The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RobML
Same argument applies to God.

Posted from TSR Mobile

really? U know why i believe in islam....it isn't because i can prove the existence of god, its because of the quran god has given to us....that is his proof. read it and understand and then u will realise that everything that is being said today about life was said 1400 years ago....who could have known then? Maybe, the person who created it.
Original post by LuckyKhan
really? U know why i believe in islam....it isn't because i can prove the existence of god, its because of the quran god has given to us....that is his proof. read it and understand and then u will realise that everything that is being said today about life was said 1400 years ago....who could have known then? Maybe, the person who created it.

The Quran was written by humans, just like the bible. It is 'claimed' by a human that God told him all the stuff to write. The Quran is full of scientific errors, hundreds to see here https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Scientific_Errors_in_the_Quran. If it is truly from God then why did he make so many errors?

Heres an example: 'When the sun (with its spacious light) is folded up' it claims the sun can be folded up .
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Wired_1800
Is that the reason to become an Atheist, because they did not mention the dinosaurs?

Dinosaurs are cool.
Original post by LuckyKhan
is god there to be observed?
u say that the world was created by the big bang, there has to have been something to cause that....did it "just happen"? For something to happen, there must be a resultant force which has to have been caused by something....not nothing.

By that logic, God cannot exist because something must have preceded him to create him.

These aren't my beliefs. I'm just saying, that's a pretty weak argument.
Original post by XcitingStuart
Dinosaurs are cool.

I agree.
Probably because dinosaurs were extinct way before Islam/Christianity came about

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 126
Because they are works of fiction invented by ignorant, primitive, little men that didn't know that dinosaurs ever existed. So forget about the theological bull****, the reason is pure and simple: Ignorance; that is why.
Original post by WhiteBison
By that logic, God cannot exist because something must have preceded him to create him.

These aren't my beliefs. I'm just saying, that's a pretty weak argument.

What if the law of causality only applies after the big bang (as well as all other physical laws)?
Original post by fatimah9
Their existance is a matter of fact. Islam says nothing on them. It is completely un-important.

lols at first read I interpreted this as you saying dinosaurs are a matter of fact, and the Quran doesn't deal with facts at all......which is actually true haha
I'm waiting for someone to say:

"Because when they were written, there were no dinosaurs yet."
Original post by 0to100
I'm waiting for someone to say:

"Because when they were written, there were no dinosaurs yet."

I think some people already wrote that.

Talk about ignorance
Original post by Listers
I think some people already wrote that.

Talk about ignorance

Lmao no ****ing way
Anyway it's been fun but I must depart, the king needs rest lol
Original post by 0to100
Lmao no ****ing way
Anyway it's been fun but I must depart, the king needs rest lol

See you tomorrow bro.
Original post by Redflag99
Because all religions are fake

only logical explanation.
Original post by Nayzar
only logical explanation.

Or you guys don't really know much about what you're talking about.
Original post by Listers
Or you guys don't really know much about what you're talking about.

Its tough trying to convey sarcasm online :erm:
(edited 7 years ago)
I recall reading a passage of the qur'an that noted God saying he put man on a world that had existed before him. Naturally Dinosaurs come before man's time...
Reply 137
Original post by champ_mc99
What if the law of causality only applies after the big bang (as well as all other physical laws)?

Then the big bang doesn't require a "God" or any other first cause

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobML
Then the big bang doesn't require a "God" or any other first cause

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then why did it happen?
Reply 139
Original post by champ_mc99
Then why did it happen?

We're not sure. Science isn't so arrogant as to claim certain knowlege of everything, like religion does.

Latest

Trending

Trending