The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics May/June 2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Waveyalex
Rearranging the subject of the formula isnt too hard but can get very tricky depending on the numbers,stem and leaf and questionaires practically spoonfeed us marks.

Especially difficult when you have to factorise. Ikr, they're great. For harder questions maybe like vectors, simultaneous equations (hope not), circle theorems and surds
Original post by Waveyalex
So am i but even I sometimes rush into my answers without thinking.

same I need to be more focused
Original post by Ella_08
Especially difficult when you have to factorise. Ikr, they're great. For harder questions maybe like vectors, simultaneous equations (hope not), circle theorems and surds

I think when they say"prove this is a straight line using vectors" might be the toughest question we will get tommorow
Original post by Ella_08
OooOoh the tension hahah :wink:

haha - didnt mean for it to sound that bad (just realised - whoops!)

there are other ways of doing the question but the one in the solutions is easiest (i initially tried the method 'mahrez' used but got in a pickle!)
What is the difference between alternate angles, supplementary angles and corrosponding angles?
Original post by Mahrez
2.5x 3=7.5
0.25mx0.2=0.5
7.5/0.05=150
150/20=7.5
8X8.50=68

I corrected it pink lemondade
Original post by pink.lemonade
haha - didnt mean for it to sound that bad (just realised - whoops!)

there are other ways of doing the question but the one in the solutions is easiest (i initially tried the method 'mahrez' used but got in a pickle!)

Hah no it's ok your confidence just made me laugh :mmm: I haven't even looked at the question lol!! Good luck (: what you revising now?
Original post by Mahrez
What is the difference between alternate angles, supplementary angles and corrosponding angles?

do you know or are you testing people? :smile:
Original post by Ella_08
do you know or are you testing people? :smile:

No i do but dont in a way so i want like some help
Original post by Mahrez

alternate angles are your z angles so if you look at the parallel lines try and see if there's a z and the angles on the inside of the z are going to be equal.
corresponding are the f angles so the again look for an f shape this time using the parallel lines and the angles on the inside will be the same
i don't know what you mean by supplementary? is that when they add to 180? if yes then angles on a straight line add to 180 degrees
erm my explanation is a bit hard to understand lol but if you type in z angles and f angles on google images hopefully it should make more sense
hope that helps :smile:
hi
do we get tracing paper in the maths exam?
Is on maths website down for you guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hhannah_b
alternate angles are your z angles so if you look at the parallel lines try and see if there's a z and the angles on the inside of the z are going to be equal.
corresponding are the f angles so the again look for an f shape this time using the parallel lines and the angles on the inside will be the same
i don't know what you mean by supplementary? is that when they add to 180? if yes then angles on a straight line add to 180 degrees
erm my explanation is a bit hard to understand lol but if you type in z angles and f angles on google images hopefully it should make more sense

Supplementary angles just add up to 180, so angles on a straight line and co-internior angles are supplementary.
Original post by Mahrez
No i do but dont in a way so i want like some help

Ok sure, try to remember it as VOICA
VO = vertically opposite angles are the same
I = internal angles (supplementary) angles add up to 180 degrees
C = corresponding angles are the same. These are the f angles
A = Alternate angles are the same. These are the z angles.

Hope this helps
Original post by hhannah_b

yes I think thats right and thank you very much
Original post by shivanipatel14
hi
do we get tracing paper in the maths exam?

yep we should do
(x-2)- (2/(x+1))=1 find X
Original post by Mahrez
(x-2)- (2/(x+1))=1 find X

cwiY0jB.jpg
Original post by 34908seikj
cwiY0jB.jpg

no if cross multiply (x^2+x-4)/2x+2=1
2x+2=x^2+x-4
0=x^2+x-4-2x-2
=x^2-x-6
=(x-3)(x+2)
x=3 or x=-2
Original post by Mahrez
no if cross multiply (x^2+x-4)/2x+2=1
2x+2=x^2+x-4
0=x^2+x-4-2x-2
=x^2-x-6
=(x-3)(x+2)
x=3 or x=-2

Nope, i think you're wrong, I double checked.

egP1CUO.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest