The Student Room Group

GCSE Geography overall grade

Hi,
I got a C in my geography coursework (unit 4) but if I got A*'s in the other 3 units would I still be able to get an A* as my overall grade?
Original post by Swift44
Hi,
I got a C in my geography coursework (unit 4) but if I got A*'s in the other 3 units would I still be able to get an A* as my overall grade?

I am assuming you are doing Edexcel (this is the one I found coursework for). If you got 60% (UMS) which is the lowest C then it looks as though you would have to get 100% (UMS) for an A* in all three other units. (based on last years grade boundaries)
Reply 2
Original post by Mav1
I am assuming you are doing Edexcel (this is the one I found coursework for). If you got 60% (UMS) which is the lowest C then it looks as though you would have to get 100% (UMS) for an A* in all three other units. (based on last years grade boundaries)

Thanks, is there a possibility I could redo my controlled assessment or is that not possible? :frown:
Original post by Swift44
Thanks, is there a possibility I could redo my controlled assessment or is that not possible? :frown:

I would not get your hopes up, I do not think resits are available. That having been said it is definitely worth confirming with your teacher/ contacting the exam board to ask.
Reply 4
Original post by Mav1
I would not get your hopes up, I do not think resits are available. That having been said it is definitely worth confirming with your teacher/ contacting the exam board to ask.

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply