The Student Room Group

Eu: In or out?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Exciting times :excited:

Indeed. Have you seen Owen Jones interview Yanis on the Guardian ? it was very good!
Original post by Davij038
Indeed. Have you seen Owen Jones interview Yanis on the Guardian ? it was very good!

Yeah I have :smile:

I also read that long Economist interview with Yanis you sent me. He articulates his world view very well.

In campaign wins by a tiny margin. Furious brexit Tories blame Cameron for providing that extra nudge to stay. King toppling time :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Bornblue
The idea that we will region total 'control' and not have to cede any in trade deals is laughably optimistic.
Every European nation outside the EU inside the single market (a position we want apparently) has free movement of people.

turkey...?
Original post by Davij038

Yanis is brilliant. So charismatic and well articulated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 雷尼克
The only reason whatsoever I can think to vote out is so that the tory party looks like a mess, increasing labour's chances of winning in the next election

That is a long term plan!
Original post by 雷尼克
The only reason whatsoever I can think to vote out is so that the tory party looks like a mess, increasing labour's chances of winning in the next election

Nope an IN vote would be more damaging. Cameron will be going soon and Boris is the main contender. As someone who back out he will lose credibility if we stay in and like him or loathe him he's an incredibly popular politician that would wipe the floor with Corbyn
Original post by 雷尼克
Name me one damaging thing that staying in the EU actually does.

I meant in terms of damaging the Tories!

I'm probably the most pro EU poster here!
I'm going to vote out because it's time for a change and to use history to help develop the future. If Scotland can't do it on their own so the UK can do it altogether.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 109
i am going to lose my job if Britain choose to leave the eu, should I start looking for another job?
Original post by abdi35
i am going to lose my job if Britain choose to leave the eu, should I start looking for another job?

And that job is? Do you work for an mep?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Brexiter here.
I got the IN leaflet yesterday. Wrote "Send to 10 Downing Street and tell the PM he's an idiot."
Never felt so liberated.

I disbelieve you.
Original post by Audrey18
I disbelieve you.

Writing on a leaflet is hard to believe?
Reply 113
Original post by Jammy Duel
And that job is? Do you work for an mep?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I work in a bureau de change 😔
Original post by Serine Soul
In.

The only argument I see for Leave is the mindless 'buhh we can control our borders'.

Besides, from a scientific research perspective, there will be drastic cuts to research in the UK. Ffs I'd like a job when I'm older.

lol well then clearly you need to do some more research.....
Original post by plstudent

Let me guess, cross our fingers and hope for the best?
Original post by abdi35
I work in a bureau de change 😔

You mean if we leave nobody will ever go on holiday again? Damn, maybe you too need to get a job making Cameron seem sensible

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bornblue
Let me guess, cross our fingers and hope for the best?

That would also be the remain vote: Cross our fingers and hope our national sovereignty isn't slowly eroded away to unelected officials.

Except that based upon history, that would be a very vain hope.

Histrionics aside, the argument is national sovereignty vs economic security. It's as simple as that. Neither side are demonic, neither are fools. Attempting to paint them as such is a disservice to whichever side you choose to do so to.

Alternately, allow me to create a quote you and the other side can use freely. Just copy and paste.

I am extremely passionate about this issue.

I cannot believe in this day and age that people can not find the education necessary to see that the side we have chosen is clearly correct. What is at stake? Our very lives as we know it. If the other side succeeds at their nefarious goals(Lifted up by uneducated rubes incapable of understanding the severe nature of the repercussions of their vote), then those things we hold most dear will be threatened and our families will be placed at risk.

We must get the proper information out. Those who oppose us are fed lies by their media of choice, a slanted view that gives them only the information they want to hear. It is our duty to save the world from the misdirected passion of those sadly misled sheeple.

You now have basically the perfect political post. It fits for literally anything.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 118
Original post by Serine Soul
In.

The only argument I see for Leave is the mindless 'buhh we can control our borders'.

Besides, from a scientific research perspective, there will be drastic cuts to research in the UK. Ffs I'd like a job when I'm older.

I was like you too, having science as my pull factor for the EU, but they actually only provide 3% of our sciences funding. You don't have to be in the EU to receive European sciences funding either. Don't worry about it :smile:
Brexiter here.I got the IN leaflet yesterday. Wrote "Send to 10 Downing Street and tell the PM he's an idiot."Never felt so liberated.

Writing on a leaflet is hard to believe?

Yeap. I've seen you around on this forum a lot. You're always copying things from other websites and posting them here.

Your choice of words show that you have no respect for the office of the Prime Minister. After writing what you wrote on the leaflet, did you actually send it back to Downing Street?

So tell me. Why are you against UK staying in the EU?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending