The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing T3 tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have T4 and Spanish Reading tomorrow!
Original post by chemnerd4life
I have T4 and Spanish Reading tomorrow!

Good luck! Is this your first time doing T4 or a repeat?
Original post by MeganMcAlister
Good luck! Is this your first time doing T4 or a repeat?

First time, and I need to do well cus I want to do it at alevel
I'm dreading the unseen poem tomorrow!! Anyone have any guesses for Hardy/Heaney?
Original post by chemnerd4life
First time, and I need to do well cus I want to do it at alevel

I'm sure you'll be fine! The T4 exam is only worth 45% of your grade so even if you don't do so well in that exam you can bring your grade up in the T6 exams (I got a B in my T4 exam in January so I'm hoping to do well in my T6 exams next Thursday so I can bring my grade up to an A, but I think I'd be happy enough with a B overall in maths)
Original post by Tsunaomi
I'm dreading the unseen poem tomorrow!! Anyone have any guesses for Hardy/Heaney?

I think that as long as you write plenty of language devises and get the overall message across on the unseen you'll be grand
Original post by MeganMcAlister
Is anyone doing history unit 1 (higher) on 6th June and unit 2 (higher) on 14th June?? If so, how is your revision going because I am slowly losing motivation lmao

I'm doing unit 2 History too and honestly I haven't did any revision the past couple of weeks for it because I've been to busy focusing on other subjects that I've had exams for. I'm planning on doing a good bit this weekend, I'm somehow under the impression it won't take long to learn because I did all my notes earlier this year but that could just be my mind lying to myself lol
Reply 68
Is anyone else bricking it for tomorrows english lit unit 2 exam??? Does anyone have any poem predictions / blood brother predictions? Also, is anyone learning all 12 poems or is everyone focusing on the ones most likely to come up?
Not really sure how to go about poetry, my main focus in Blood Brothers because I really don't know what is gonna come up tomorrow
Original post by Tsunaomi

i think wagtail and baby and blackberry picking will come up. not sure though :/
Original post by ckeys
Is anyone else bricking it for tomorrows english lit unit 2 exam??? Does anyone have any poem predictions / blood brother predictions? Also, is anyone learning all 12 poems or is everyone focusing on the ones most likely to come up?

i think linda, mrs j or mrs l will come up
for the theme i think it could be social class
Is it bad that i cant name a single unseen poem?

Edit: just been informed that we do not get a list of unseen poems
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 73
Original post by tearsforyears
i think linda, mrs j or mrs l will come up
for the theme i think it could be social class

Yes thats my predictions too! What about Heaney&Hardy poems? Im PRAYING for advancedment of learning & august midnight /// blackberry picking & wagtail ... unseen will be the death of me tho .. :frown:
Is anyone doing War and Nature poems? Or An Inspector Calls?
Original post by ckeys
Yes thats my predictions too! What about Heaney&Hardy poems? Im PRAYING for advancedment of learning & august midnight /// blackberry picking & wagtail ... unseen will be the death of me tho .. :frown:

yeah if its not wagtail and baby i think itll be potato digging and sheep fair or august midgent and advancement of learning

here dont even talk to me about unseen actually cant do it, i never understand the hidden message.
lets talk about that t4 paper:

wtf
Reply 77
Original post by tearsforyears
yeah if its not wagtail and baby i think itll be potato digging and sheep fair or august midgent and advancement of learning

here dont even talk to me about unseen actually cant do it, i never understand the hidden message.

LITERALLY ME HAHA! Im hoping its a nice wee brief short poem but thats just wishful thinking! For unseen i think the secret is to question everything and be really deep and philosophical.. LOL !
Original post by jackcoys

wtf

Was it bad? I did it last year and it was absolutely horrific tbh
Original post by jackcoys

wtf

dont worry mate grade boundaries for t4 are always so low like usually 75% is an a*, 60% is an a and 50% is a b

Quick Reply

Latest