The Student Room Group

OCR Biology A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 26, 2016 and Depth - June 7, 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jackthb
good luck everyone.

Thanks and you :frown:
just revising now lel , gotta cram everything, seems kinda stupid but i think i can get an A in the name of God.
I feel you buddy- glad it's not just me!
GOOD LUCK
IM SCARED:frown::s-smilie::confused:
Good luck everyone...well on brightside if everyone does bad grade boundaries will be lower. :smile:
Original post by Munrot07
Remember the vein is square so pi(r^2) is only usable for the artery :smile:

I got answer but it is wrong 😭😭😭😭😭🤒🤒🤒🤒🤒
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by millymolly123
Good luck everyone...well on brightside if everyone does bad grade boundaries will be lower. :smile:

I think the paper is going to be relatively easier than the specimen to be honest, so I don't think there will be that much of a shift in grade boundaries.
Original post by M0nkey Thunder
I think the paper is going to be relatively easier than the specimen to be honest, so I don't think there will be that much of a shift in grade boundaries.

Usually the sciences are roughly around the same boundaries though, from what I've heard. So with Physic's apparent difficulty, you never know, they could lower the boundaries.
Original post by Firenze26
Usually the sciences are roughly around the same boundaries though, from what I've heard. So with Physic's apparent difficulty, you never know, they could lower the boundaries.

The OCR Physics paper was easier than the specimen, which is why I expect them to do the same with biology. Although I could be completely wrong and they make tomorrow's paper tough. What would they lower the boundaries from though?

More of a wishful thought haha
Original post by millymolly123
More of a wishful thought haha

Perhaps :smile:

Good luck tomorrow
What is chi squared ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 452
Original post by Mia66
Can someone tell me if serial dilution is on the spec ? My teacher taught it to us in class but I can't find it in the text book

What is that? And why have I not heard of it?
Original post by plower
What is that? And why have I not heard of it?

What experiments should we know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Perhaps :smile:

Good luck tomorrow

Thanks. You too :smile:
Original post by OddFuturez
If 42ish/70 is a C I'm definitely in for that big D!!!!!

Last year 68% was an A...
can someone in summury explain how water is transported througb 1) leaves
2)root
3) stem?
Reply 457
Original post by mali473
What experiments should we know?

well we did the experiments in class, they'll most likely come up 😴
Original post by mali473
What is chi squared ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've heard that it comes up in genetics which we learn in 2nd year so I don't think we need to know it but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Reply 459
Original post by alevelyh
can someone in summury explain how water is transported througb 1) leaves
2)root
3) stem?

Roots- there are two routes: The apoplast pathway where water goes through the cell walls, mostly by diffusion, until it reaches the endodermis cells in root where the path is blocked by a waxy strip called casparian strip, so now it has to go through the Symplast pathway where the water goes through the cytoplasm via osmosis, plasmodesmata connects connects the cytoplasm of plant cells.

Leaves: the water leaves the xylem and moves into the cell mainly by apoplast where it evaporates into the air spaces in the leaf. When the stomata is open, it diffuses out.

Stem: as the water is evaporated, this creates a 'tension' where which pulls more water upwards. Water molecules are cohesive so a whole column of whole water moves too. Also adhesion is partly involved as well since the water molecules are attracted to the walls of xylem vessel, it helps water rise up.

Good luck xo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending