The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jimmy Seville

As if a team managed by Arsene Wenger will play that many.

Get some new bait :smile:
For us to play less than 52 games a season, we'd have to do really badly in the cups assuming we get R16 of Champions League as usual :wink:
Original post by leinad2012
Mans talking about games played when his side will more than likely play 40 next season :biggrin:

We are a striker and Winger away from being real challengers imo. We'd have as strong a starting XI as everyone bar maybe city and Chelsea, but far more depth and a team that's been playing together for a while. The issue is who? Morata isn't taking us to the next level for a few years imo, nor is Lacazette. Even a move for Aubamayang would be far too ambitious. Lukaku is probably most realistic, but he's not proven in CL and is streaky as ****

When I was watching him in the FA Cup against United, I was shocked at how bad Lukaku's first touch actually is. Messed up 3/4 clear cut chances with a poor first touch. Not convinced he'd fit in here. He's like a better Arouna Kone. Just a black battering ram that you keep throwing against defenders and eventually they will leak a goal.
Original post by Pete_91
We played 53 games this season (54 if you cound the CS)...

Cound

I don't.
Mans talking about games played when his side will more than likely play 40 next season :biggrin:

Yet, we'll probably win more trophies, if not the same.

Original post by swirly
Get some new bait :smile:

gj on posting from the right account.
Original post by swirly
When I was watching him in the FA Cup against United, I was shocked at how bad Lukaku's first touch actually is. Messed up 3/4 clear cut chances with a poor first touch. Not convinced he'd fit in here. He's like a better Arouna Kone. Just a black battering ram that you keep throwing against defenders and eventually they will leak a goal.

I can see the pros and cons. There's an argument that we've never seen him play for a team who has a lot of the ball. He's first touch is poor, but his finishing is better than Girouds. I'd say go for a big name and if that fails put in a bid, but chances are we'd be overpaying by at least £10mil given his age and previous cost.

Yet, we'll probably win more trophies, if not the same.

Maybe so, but I reckon we'll get further in the Champions League than you :wink:
I can see the pros and cons. There's an argument that we've never seen him play for a team who has a lot of the ball. He's first touch is poor, but his finishing is better than Girouds. I'd say go for a big name and if that fails put in a bid, but chances are we'd be overpaying by at least £10mil given his age and previous cost.

Maybe so, but I reckon we'll get further in the Champions League than you :wink:

Dbi, you haven't even won it and your manager has the most losses in the competition.

Taking the piss out of a team who have the Champions League is like taking the piss out of Gerard Pique because Shakira's blonde.
Dbi, you haven't even won it and your manager has the most losses in the competition.

Taking the piss out of a team who have the Champions League is like taking the piss out of Gerard Pique because Shakira's blonde.

Banter, you seem a little rustled Eddie :smile:
Banter, you seem a little rustled Eddie :smile:

You literally spelled your name backwards...

I love this deflection tactic you have - the second you're losing a debate/argument/rek you whip out the old 'rustled' '#salty' phrase...
Kouilably linked now. Want him. Big, black and Kouliably and Kosicelny sounds good. KK.
Reply 7709
Original post by angelfox
Kouilably linked now. Want him. Big, black and Kouliably and Kosicelny sounds good. KK.

Just need to buy Kouyate and have him play in front of them.
Original post by angelfox

Nwaekame would be proud of that signing.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Just need to buy Kouyate and have him play in front of them.

Or Keylor Navas in net?
Welcome Xhaka, probably the best non-Bayern CM in Germany and still young. Midfield depth is unreal now. Xhaka/Jack/Ozil offers the lot imo

Looks very likely that well also sign a £20m range CB with all the links going round too...

Need to bin Walcott and get a forward/winger now and we'll be in the mix but this is difficult of course
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by James.Carnell
Nwaekame would be proud of that signing.

He'll be annoyed Arsenal didn't sign Kondogbia or Kante instead of Xhaka though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich
Welcome Xhaka, probably the best non-Bayern CM in Germany and still young. Midfield depth is unreal now. Xhaka/Jack/Ozil offers the lot imo

Looks very likely that well also sign a £20m range CB with all the links going round too...

Need to bin Walcott and get a forward/winger now and we'll be in the mix but this is difficult of course

Looks like once again we'll be relying on what Real Madrid do in the transfer window again.

2015 - Benzema
2014 Khedira
2013 - Ozil
You literally spelled your name backwards...

I love this deflection tactic you have - the second you're losing a debate/argument/rek you whip out the old 'rustled' '#salty' phrase...

You're just basically Johnny football but without the lifestyle but all the problem.

#rehab
Original post by Zürich

Wenger's building of a team is more gradual and more subtle than other managers. He is willing to give players already at the club a chance, but I don't doubt that he will get rid of them if they consistently disappoint. One of his problems is that he sometimes gives too many chances whereas other managers are very quick and ruthless.

I do think Jack is a cut above Ramsey though based on class. I base my view on what I have seen of him in big games. Ramsey offers nothing exceptional and relies too much on form and being put in the right position. Jack's close control is worth him being in the team alone.
Original post by atom y humber
You're just basically Johnny football but without the lifestyle but all the problem.

#rehab

You never contribute anything worth reading.
You never contribute anything worth reading.

There's 90% truth in that. But it's always still, unequivocally, worthier than yours!
Tbf it does look like Wenger is legitimately looking to buy players be actually needs.

I think he realises that next season will be really tough for everything. The competition is unreal.

Latest