The Student Room Group

OCR 21st Century Science Physics P123 [25th May 2016]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ben.M
I think you should get a mark for that just because it's a great comment :biggrin:

I hope I do too haha :biggrin:
Original post by Christina121
Not a great paper, what was the sankey diagram answer? (when you had to order the letters)

I put CBA but I'm really interested to see what everybody put for candidate number? i put 3132 what about you christina?
Original post by RudeboiAmaan
I put CBA but I'm really interested to see what everybody put for candidate number? i put 3132 what about you christina?

Hello. thanks rudeboiamaan for the reply I'm really glad to hear it as I put that too YAY!!!!!!! !!!! gd luck with maths tomorrow seems ur gonna do really well
Original post by A.m.cr
I think I got 307.5 for the power one. I also said about lighting up the room but lots of my friends are saying that they wrote things about it being a safe level or something???

lol what friends are you on about m9.
Original post by NiamhM1801
Aw damn, so many of my friends put that too!

Also, for the question where you had to plot X on that dotted line, where did it have to go? Because I put it on the dotted line in between A and B but apparently that's wrong?

It was drawn to scale, so you found the two points on the line which were 100km (3.5cm) from B I think; directly northeast and southeast respectively of A
Original post by GoldLeader
It was drawn to scale, so you found the two points on the line which were 100km (3.5cm) from B I think; directly northeast and southeast respectively of A

Ohh haha, I really didn't know where to put it so I just guessed tbh - at least I put something down though!

Maybe I haven't done as well as I thought :s-smilie:
Reply 86

Damn I only did one X because it said draw a X not X's
Original post by NiamhM1801
Ohh haha, I really didn't know where to put it so I just guessed tbh - at least I put something down though!

Maybe I haven't done as well as I thought :s-smilie:

You'll be fine, the grade boundaries will be very low as it was such a difficult paper!
Original post by Ben.M
Damn I only did one X because it said draw a X not X's

That threw me as well! I'm certain there are two places where it could have been, but don't know whether it only wanted one marked or something?
Original post by megannlong
found that the most difficult exam yet :frown:
I got ACB because two of them had the same efficiency which I measured? might be wrong though
and I got 308 for the power of the bulb, for the reason as to why they need to provide planning, was it literally just that all areas of the room need to be seen or was it more than that?

I thought I was the only one who got ACB. At least I feel better now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any1 got an unofficial markscheme
Reply 91
That threw me as well! I'm certain there are two places where it could have been, but don't know whether it only wanted one marked or something?

I thought there must be two places as well but I only put one because of how it was worded
Reply 92
My teachers said today that they think a C could be as low as 12-15 and an A* could easily be less than 30
Original post by Ben.M
My teachers said today that they think a C could be as low as 12-15 and an A* could easily be less than 30

That seems really low
Reply 94
Original post by emilyaves2000
That seems really low

It is really low, because the paper was very challenging
Original post by Ben.M
It is really low, because the paper was very challenging

yeah true
has anyone got an unofficial mark scheme for it?
Original post by Ben.M

It wasn't that hard. It was harder than a lot of previous tests but 50% for an A* is ridiculous.
Reply 97
Original post by KomradeKorbyn
It wasn't that hard. It was harder than a lot of previous tests but 50% for an A* is ridiculous.

It is, but let's not complain if it is that low and we get A*'s :smile:
Original post by Ben.M
It is, but let's not complain if it is that low and we get A*'s :smile:

True true :biggrin:
Original post by kish9600
Was I the only one who put CBA? I know a lot of people in my school did

My man I all out CBA and so did a lot of people in my school.

Quick Reply

Latest