The Student Room Group

[Official Thread] OCR MEI AS Mathematics 2016 (C1, C2 & S1)

Scroll to see replies

For the question where it says why you cant do the test at 10% i looked in the tables and wrote that p(x<=0) is higher than 10% therefore the critical region is empty.
Reply 561
Original post by kevvvvvv
For the question where it says why you cant do the test at 10% i looked in the tables and wrote that p(x<=0) is higher than 10% therefore the critical region is empty.

Yeah me too, I don't understand why it was a 3 mark question though like what else is there to say? Idk how the marks were distributed so I waffled a bit lol I also said that because P(X<=0) is above 10 then 0 to 20 were all in the accepted region. I'm gonna be annoyed if the third mark was for quoting the number from the table...
Original post by Delma
Yeah me too, I don't understand why it was a 3 mark question though like what else is there to say? Idk how the marks were distributed so I waffled a bit lol I also said that because P(X<=0) is above 10 then 0 to 20 were all in the accepted region. I'm gonna be annoyed if the third mark was for quoting the number from the table...

Oh i also quoted the number ive seen in mark schemes u defo get a mark for finding that number i think but with sufficient working u should be able to get 3 marks without quoting the number
Reply 563
Oh i also quoted the number ive seen in mark schemes u defo get a mark for finding that number i think but with sufficient working u should be able to get 3 marks without quoting the number

Ahh that's annoying but fingers crossed, thanks!
Original post by Delma
Argh for the IQR part of Q1 I used the 5.25th value for the LQ and the 15.25th value for the UQ so my IQR was 3.95. I don't know if that's right or wrong but it's close to 4 so I still got the outliers bit. I hope I don't lose too many marks for it though... can't believe the first question was the one I left until the end looool

omg i did the exact same thing as you and used the 15.25th value not the 15.75th so i got 3.95 aswell. Hopefully we'll still get most of the marks...fingers crossed
Original post by Massoom
This gives you the 5.5th and 15.5th term, which looks to be correct. Think you may have accidentally done it correctly, with correct method too

Yh I did the same thing too
Reply 566
Does anyone have pictures of the c1 exam??????
Reply 567
Original post by Delma
A tree diagram was clever! Cause at least that way you remembered to multiply by 3 or whatever. I wrote out each possible combo i.e. WWL, WWD, DDW, DDL, LLW, LLD and then multiplied and added so I got 0.5^2 x 0.5 + 0.3^2 x 0.7 + 0.2^2 x 0.8. Ended up with 0.22 instead of 0.66 but should get majority of the marks.

You have made me feel better did the same thing , we should hopefully get 3/4:crossedf:
Reply 568
Original post by jaseho98
As much as I wish the grade boundaries would be low... I believe the grade boundaries would be high for this paper... :'(

I agree was a pretty straight forward paper however I did make a few very silly mistakes :facepalm:
Reply 569
Was there any outliers?? I got none but it was for 4 marks...
Original post by jrm22

Don't think there is any. The proving takes around 1 mark each for upper and lower bound and explanation marks of 2 if I remember how they will be marking these kind of questions
Original post by jrm22

I didn't get any either.
I reckon you got 2 marks for two correct calculations and 2 marks for two correct statements.
Reply 572
ahh balls! didn't explain it, just wrote 'No outliers' lol. Can only hope for 3/4
Oh damn, I don't think I quoted the number from the table. I'm gonna be annoyed too if we lost mark s for that...
Just some one markers i want to clarify
Was it 0.5^3 or 0.8^3 for 2.i
Was the reason for which we are unsure whether the mens or womens is more as a % because the data is grouped?
And was k%, 13% ??

It was 0.8³ because they could win or draw, just not lose.
I wasn't sure about the shoe one tbh
Yes, it was 13% :smile:
Reply 575
Original post by ilikecheese666
omg i did the exact same thing as you and used the 15.25th value not the 15.75th so i got 3.95 aswell. Hopefully we'll still get most of the marks...fingers crossed

Really?? Haha I haven't found anyone else who's done that yet 😂 but we must've gotten error carried forward and method marks... Hopefully only one mark off if we only got the upper quartile wrong but we'll see :smile:
Reply 576
Original post by Keys10
You have made me feel better did the same thing , we should hopefully get 3/4:crossedf:

Ah don't worry, I think missing out the 3 is probably a common mistake. 3/4 seems fair 👌🏾
A guy at my college said he got 4.15 and he had done something similar, but he was still insistent that he was right even though everyone else got 4 haha. I'm sure you won't have lost to many marks from it though :smile:
Does anyone know if there's an unofficial mark scheme floating around anywhere yet? The C1 one came out pretty quickly I think... Just wondering
Original post by jn998
Going to have to disagree with this. I got LQ 27.75, UQ 31.9 IQR 4.15

The median is the 10.5th value for 20n and the median is equal to double the LQ, hence the LQ is the 5.25th value, making the UQ the 15.75th value.

I agree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending