The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Mathematics June 2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hussain_kalash
Are you for real? a C is extremely easy..

Maybe for some people yeah but I only ever get around 28/30 on each paper and I've only had a C once or twice in mocks :/
Original post by MohaimenH
Math A or Math B?

Math A
the HR papers are if there is a compromised exam paper
Original post by MohaimenH
Yeah. Aiming for world highest in Maths A and Maths B. And 95+ in Pure Mathematics.

What do you need help with?

Does Edexcel even has those kind of awards/recognition for world highest marks? I thought that was only in CIE.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck everyone
Grade boundary predictions? What was the answer to the probability question near the end?
Original post by iah1700
Grade boundary predictions? What was the answer to the probability question near the end?

I think I got 5/84 but I'm not sure if I did it the right way.
Original post by Macaronat
I think I got 5/84 but I'm not sure if I did it the right way.

I got 2/7. I think that's too high though. -I thought that was harder than the January paper
the answer was 25/84 i think or something like that defo over 84 as there was 6 ways of picking 1,2,3 and 3 ways of 2,2,2
was q22. roughly 188?
cheers
Original post by VALKIA73
was q22. roughly 188?
cheers

I think so? Did you use a^2 = b^2+c^2 - 2bccosA and then pythagoras' theorem etc?
Reply 172
Original post by iah1700
I think so? Did you use a^2 = b^2+c^2 - 2bccosA and then pythagoras' theorem etc?

what did you got for q 19 ?

and what did you get for the quesion which ask for angle betwen the efgh plane and AH ?

and what about the volume of the vases 471. something ?
[QUOTE="VALKIA73;65190617"]the answer was 25/84 i think or something like that defo over 84 as there was 6 ways of picking 1,2,3 and 3 ways of 2,2,2[/QUOTE
Yeah I got that answer (it's right)
yeah i got 25/84 for probability, but 194 for last question?
Yh it took me like 25 mins tho coz originally i split the pentagon up incorrectly and then saw that the two left and right triangles were the same and the middle triangle was isocolies and could be spit in two and then use bxh/2 x2 + 0.5absin(C)
Reply 176
Original post by alic12345
yeah i got 25/84 for probability, but 194 for last question?

what did you got for q 19 ? the angles in a circle ?

and what did you get for the q which ask for angle betwen the efgh plane and AH ?

Original post by VALKIA73
Yh it took me like 25 mins tho coz originally i split the pentagon up incorrectly and then saw that the two left and right triangles were the same and the middle triangle was isocolies and could be spit in two and then use bxh/2 x2 + 0.5absin(C)

what answer did you get for it?
What did you guys get for the question about the parallel lines, how many spheres made. I ****ed up the sphere one and got 39 or something, but i did the correct working with the wrong numbers. I got 188 for the last one, I think thats right lost of others got that as well
Original post by WhiteX
what did you got for q 19 ?

and what did you get for the quesion which ask for angle betwen the efgh plane and AH ?

Yeah I think the volume was something like that. I don't remember what the angle was but I just used pythagoras to get the diagonal length of the plane, then sohcahtoa.
What was q 19?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending