The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics May/June 2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr M
x

Wow thanks for sharing this!! Definitely won't be saying anything about it now :smile:

(even though the dates are wrong...should be Thursday 26th and Friday 27th. No biggie though)
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! I'm going to try my best to get that B grade!~ (〃°ω°〃)
Original post by NiamhM1801
Really? I'm the opposite - I hate his solutions! I find mistakes in them sometimes...not that helpful (although the actual mark schemes help me out).
My teacher actually said that 'he must have no life as all he does is make maths solutions' 😂

Oh thank God :smile:, I was speculating whether some of his answers were incorrect but I thought they must be right as he is a teacher. I thought some answers (which I thought I did correctly) were wrong :frown:
we have to create the unofficial mark scheme in hereeeeee
Reply 164
Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it bad that I'm nervously excited for this exam? 😂 good luck everyone! I think edexcel will make the exam slightly (only marginally though!) easier because of last years mishap. If a question like Hannah's sweets comes up just think about how you would get the answer they give you; what would you have to do to the information they give you to get to the answer. Remember that if they say "prove" it is most always with algebra! Don't forget to check and go back through your answer when you've finished it to check you have answered the question asked (e.g. "Leave your answer in standard form")

Don't freak out and you'll all do incredibly!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone here doing the higher linked pair pilot course??
Reply 167
Original post by HouseOfRichman
Is it bad that I'm nervously excited for this exam? 😂 good luck everyone! I think edexcel will make the exam slightly (only marginally though!) easier because of last years mishap. If a question like Hannah's sweets comes up just think about how you would get the answer they give you; what would you have to do to the information they give you to get to the answer. Remember that if they say "prove" it is most always with algebra! Don't forget to check and go back through your answer when you've finished it to check you have answered the question asked (e.g. "Leave your answer in standard form")

Don't freak out and you'll all do incredibly!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great advice! Just remember that there must be a solution to every answer you just have to think outside the box sometimes with the problem solving questions. Good luck I'm sure you'll do great!

Posted from TSR Mobile
When I took my second practice exam I had half an hour left XD but anyways I'm so worried about this exam but calm at the same time because I know that if I don't get the B grade I'll still have my C grade.... However will the University still accept me?... ;-;
Original post by NiamhM1801
Wow thanks for sharing this!! Definitely won't be saying anything about it now :smile:

(even though the dates are wrong...should be Thursday 26th and Friday 27th. No biggie though)

Hiya! You are welcome to talk about the Maths GCSE in here - the international exams are staggered by time zone and there are a couple of different papers that international students take to prevent cheating or exam sharing. So chat away! I hope the exam went well for you :h:
Reply 170
Original post by Fox Corner
Hiya! You are welcome to talk about the Maths GCSE in here - the international exams are staggered by time zone and there are a couple of different papers that international students take to prevent cheating or exam sharing. So chat away! I hope the exam went well for you :h:

How did you find the last question?
Messed up on the proportionality question (thought I needed to flip the fraction)
I'm confused are we allowed to talk about the answers??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unofficial markscheme anyone???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 174
Original post by zeldor711
Messed up on the proportionality question (thought I needed to flip the fraction)

What did you do on the last triangle question? 😂😂
Could somebody direct me to the unofficial markscheme please? If not, should I set one up?
Original post by GCSElyfe

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah
It was a good paper :smile:

I'm confident will all the questions APART FROM THE LAST ONE!!!

Did anyone get 3 root 2? I rationalised the denominator and used Pythagoras to work out the base of the triangle, so hopefully I'll get at least 2 marks out of 3 for that question!
I found the last one hard can anyone tell me what they wrote thanks
Original post by GCSElyfe

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes you are. I didnt sit this exam as I sat it a year early last year, how did it go guys?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending