The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

Second year in comparison to first

About to start second year, was just wondering what the layout is? As in is the main deadlines before Christmas and summer or is it more spread out? Obviously the workload is bigger but is it spread out or still 2 main deadlines to meet? Was just looking for information regarding the general format/layout as curious about this
Original post by Gc1878
About to start second year, was just wondering what the layout is? As in is the main deadlines before Christmas and summer or is it more spread out? Obviously the workload is bigger but is it spread out or still 2 main deadlines to meet? Was just looking for information regarding the general format/layout as curious about this

It will depend what uni you're at/what course you're doing! If you can give a bit more information, I can move this to a more relevant section for you :smile:
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by shadowdweller
It will depend what uni you're at/what course you're doing! If you can give a bit more information, I can move this to a more relevant section for you :smile:

At Liverpool John Moores doing a Business marketing course, does this help? Thanks for your help
Original post by Gc1878
At Liverpool John Moores doing a Business marketing course, does this help? Thanks for your help

I've moved this to the John Moores section for you, so hopefully you should get some more answers soon :smile:
Hi,

I've just finished the second year so can give you an idea of what mine was like.

I felt this year that the workload was so much heavier... And yeah, it was pretty much the same pattern, pre-Christmas deadlines then a mixture of deadlines in April and any exams in May.

My timetable also changed, had one day off in first year, had two this year.

I think you start to feel the pressure more in second year, knowing that what you achieve counts towards the final degree grade.

K.

Original post by Gc1878
Reply 5
Original post by Liverpool John Moores
Hi,

I've just finished the second year so can give you an idea of what mine was like.

I felt this year that the workload was so much heavier... And yeah, it was pretty much the same pattern, pre-Christmas deadlines then a mixture of deadlines in April and any exams in May.

My timetable also changed, had one day off in first year, had two this year.

I think you start to feel the pressure more in second year, knowing that what you achieve counts towards the final degree grade.

K.

Ahhh ok excellent, thanks for the reply, that's answered my question well with the deadlines being pre Christmas and April again and no different. Not going into the unknown so much now. Thanks very much.
No probs :smile:

Original post by Gc1878
Ahhh ok excellent, thanks for the reply, that's answered my question well with the deadlines being pre Christmas and April again and no different. Not going into the unknown so much now. Thanks very much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending