The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
Yeah, Liverpool vs Dortmund was the best game I saw all season. Unreal.

The best PL match - contrary to the belief Leicester beating City was - was probably Chelsea 2-2 Tottenham. Really enjoyed that.

Let's not forget that on this day 11 years ago, we shook the world of football to the very core.

Kinda eclipses the rest don't you think? :tongue:
Sturridge injured?

Rashford <3
The power of the Hodge.
Original post by Dirtybit
Sturridge injured?

Rashford <3

As far I'm aware it's meant to be a minor knock.

God, I hope Sturridge comes back in one piece. :bricks:
Original post by The.Joker
As far I'm aware it's meant to be a minor knock.

God, I hope Sturridge comes back in one piece. :bricks:

Don't they always say it's minor, though?
Milan confirm they won't be keeping Balotelli.
Sturridge with a calf injury for England.
Original post by mr tim

YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!

Spoiler

Rashford was always going to start tomorrow's match anyway imho, but it's a shame for Sturridge. I'm not too bothered about England, and I'm pretty sure he'll make the final 23-man squad regardless.
Take him out of Euro's and give him a break in the summer ready for preseason, should retire from internationals too for the sake of his career. Kane, Vardy and Rashford upfront will be fine for Euros.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mackay
The power of the Hodge.

I hate him.
I hate him so much.
Original post by Mackay
Milan confirm they won't be keeping Balotelli.

They will come back with some pathetic offers or another loan offer. Italy clubs just take the ****.

Original post by mr tim

Not surprised at all. Funny how Liverpool managed to keep him fit but Woy just seems to ruin him every time. I'd be pretty pleased if he got to miss the tournament. I don't see Hodgson starting him but even his training methods seem to be bad for Sturridge.
Original post by Zerforax
They will come back with some pathetic offers or another loan offer. Italy clubs just take the ****.

Not surprised at all. Funny how Liverpool managed to keep him fit but Woy just seems to ruin him every time. I'd be pretty pleased if he got to miss the tournament. I don't see Hodgson starting him but even his training methods seem to be bad for Sturridge.

That's true, they're so embarrassing with transfers. They have a few quality teams like Juventus but I couldn't see the appeal for a top player to ever go to Italy.

I don't know what Hodgson does, it's like he tries to get Sturridge injured and ruin his career...
I don't think England "need" him so I'd be quite content if he doesn't go to the Euros. If it makes him fitter for next season, I'm happy :smile:
Original post by Lúcio
That's true, they're so embarrassing with transfers. They have a few quality teams like Juventus but I couldn't see the appeal for a top player to ever go to Italy.

I don't know what Hodgson does, it's like he tries to get Sturridge injured and ruin his career...
I don't think England "need" him so I'd be quite content if he doesn't go to the Euros. If it makes him fitter for next season, I'm happy :smile:

Well it works for them. Desperate English clubs trying to get off their books so they get players on the cheap.

I imagine he has old fashioned methods and expects all the players to do the same training whereas Liverpool no doubt have a very specific training routine for Sturridge

I guess if you're Woy, why would you not take your best crop of players? Only going to get crucified if you don't and he doesn't care about Liverpool or Sturridge's career per say - just needs to do the best with what he can in the short term. Is there a better striker to come off the bench for England?
Original post by Zerforax

I'm not so sure. I think getting Milan to be a powerhouse is one of the biggest tasks in football right now, and Balotelli certainly won't help them. They'd be better off carting him back to us, and then he can go to China or something to be honest. His stock has fallen considerably in Italy this season, by all accounts.
So the Bayern CEO had this to say:

"I had talks with him (Mario) and (Carlo) Ancelotti. Mario knows the thoughts of Bayern," Rummenigge told Kicker magazine. "Everything was clearly and seriously explained to Mario."He knows what the club thinks and what the new coach thinks. Mario has to evaluate for himself whether he wants to play constantly."

Looks like Bayern really want Gotze to leave...
Original post by The.Joker
So the Bayern CEO had this to say:

Looks like Bayern really want Gotze to leave...

Wow, that is so awkward...

Inb4 he signs for Chelsea
Gotze will just do a Borini and not leave and run down his contract, I've already accepted he is not coming.
Original post by samir12
Gotze will just do a Borini and not leave and run down his contract, I've already accepted he is not coming.

Same

If we get him it's a huge boost but realistically we need to accept it's unlikely.

I understand he's top quality but is he really that "essential" anyway?
Original post by Lúcio
Wow, that is so awkward...

Inb4 he signs for Chelsea

This is going to be one long summer! I kind of wish Klopp will come out and say our interest in Gotze is over because the paper talk is doing my head in.

Latest