The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RobML
We're not sure. Science isn't so arrogant as to claim certain knowlege of everything, like religion does.

Though if you think about it science can never really answer "why". "How" maybe.
Reply 141
Original post by champ_mc99
Though if you think about it science can never really answer "why". "How" maybe.

Obviously, and that's why it's not worth being pedantic about which of those words is used
Reply 142
It seems like your endless creation of threads that question religion is you looking for justification for why you're not/shouldn't be religious.

Just let the religious people do what they want to do, and you can continue living your life as a non-believer, no problem.
Original post by RobML
Obviously, and that's why it's not worth being pedantic about which of those words is used

I'm not being pedantic. They are two different things in this subject. Also, here science is explaining religion if you take inductive reasoning.
I'm not being pedantic. They are two different things in this subject. Also, here science is explaining religion if you take inductive reasoning.

I don't think science cares about religion, honestly.
Reply 145

Just thought it would've been unecessarily patronising to say "don't you mean how?" and explained from there. Sorry.
Original post by RobML
Just thought it would've been unecessarily patronising to say "don't you mean how?" and explained from there. Sorry.

Sorry I'm lost. :s-smilie:
Original post by WhiteBison
I don't think science cares about religion, honestly.

I think it does. We should ask it.
I think it does. We should ask it.

:u:
This Champ guy is always on scientific discussions acting like he has an idea of what he's talking about.
Reply 150
Sorry I'm lost. :s-smilie:

you said "why" but since that is impossible to answer scientifically I took it to mean "how". Geddit?
Original post by Listers
This Champ guy is always on scientific discussions acting like he has an idea of what he's talking about.

Lol when?
Original post by RobML
you said "why" but since that is impossible to answer scientifically I took it to mean "how". Geddit?

Oh right. Was just confused to which post you were referring to.
Lol when?

Every religion or theological discussion on TSR.

You always appear there like you're some sorta expert when you clearly aren't.

I know it sounds harsh and like it's not even 12 in the afternoon but it's true.
Original post by Listers
Every religion or theological discussion on TSR.

You always appear there like you're some sorta expert when you clearly aren't.

I know it sounds harsh and like it's not even 12 in the afternoon but it's true.

I agree. I'm not an expert lol. We're all on a journey. I have an interest in religion. The more you engage in discussion the more you learn. :h:
I agree. I'm not an expert lol. We're all on a journey. I have an interest in religion. The more you engage in discussion the more you learn. :h:

FFS
Original post by Listers
FFS

I'm not supposed to pursue my interests?
I'm not supposed to pursue my interests?

I didn't say you shouldn't.

This is just the wrong time for cringey poetry
Original post by Listers
I didn't say you shouldn't.

This is just the wrong time for cringey poetry

Umm ok. Just ignore the journey bit.
Umm ok. Just ignore the journey bit.

Alrighty

Latest

Trending

Trending