The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrsGren
answer to the pi question?? 100-25pi
its not 75pi is it??

No that's the final answer, just simplify the 100-25pi to 25(4-pi)
Reply 241
thank you :smile:
got that question wrong!!!! :frown:
Original post by Pedaly7
How did you get 1.7 and 4.7. I drew the graph of x+y=6 so (y=6-x) and I wrote down the points of intersection

which are -1.7 and 4.7 scrub
Reply 243
Any predictions on what mark is needed for a C?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pedaly7
How did you get 1.7 and 4.7. I drew the graph of x+y=6 so (y=6-x) and I wrote down the points of intersection

For the x+y=6 simultaneous equation, you had to also give y coordinates as well as x coordinates so one should have 4 answers in total (x= .... y= ..... OR x=...... y= ......)
For the last question, could u simplify it to (1-root2) divided by 4, rather than (3-root6) divided by 12?? Cuz I simplified it
What did you get for the Angies varnish question?
Original post by LogicalFallacy
Hey, if anybody is willing to contribute the answers, and preferably the questions, then I shall set up a mark scheme for you all. Thanks in advance!

Can people please attach question numbers to their answers? Method would be appreciated.

Spoiler

Answer on the square with circle inside please?
Original post by SkyeAmber
What did you get for the Angies varnish question?

No, because she needs 4 tins.
Reply 249
Original post by Amyrosee
For the last question, could u simplify it to (1-root2) divided by 4, rather than (3-root6) divided by 13?? Cuz I simplified it

No, that's not how surds work. You can't simplify root six because no square numbers can come out of it.
Original post by Pedaly7

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking :s-smilie:
Reply 251
Original post by Redcoats
For the x+y=6 simultaneous equation, you had to also give y coordinates as well as x coordinates so one should have 4 answers in total (x= .... y= ..... OR x=...... y= ......)

It just said work out the x values. :smile:
Hi guys, for the last question about the triangles, I think i forgot to half the area for one of the triangles. Foolish me, so now i got the same answer as everyone else except at the bottom I have 6 instead of 12. Can I still get around 2 marks for that?
Original post by Redcoats

Thats what I did but i didnt get -1.7 and 4.7
Original post by LogicalFallacy
Hey, if anybody is willing...

You may want to edit the image for the last question so as not to mislead people.

AD = AB is not right.
43 of the females out of 66. 10 male people went bowling . so 66-43=23 Males left. 23-(10+4)= 9 Males left for art gallery . 20-9 =11 females to art . Hope this helped anyone
Original post by Lakshii
how many marks was the last question ?

I remember it being 3

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did u get for the last 7 marker?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Undec
Solving simultaneous equations graphically

The coordinates at which the two lines intersect..
Original post by Shiby_123
What did u get for the last 7 marker?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(3-√6)/12

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending