The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics May/June 2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
I think overall the exam was quite good. I simplified my answers for the last question. So is that still correct?
Original post by junayd1998
What did people get for the Standard form q?

It was 7x10^8
Original post by tkrv
I think overall the exam was quite good. I simplified my answers for the last question. So is that still correct?

It depends what you got o.O
Reply 283
Original post by GoodGirlFaith
Ah, I wrote about the range but not the median. Oops.
I got 11 females (I love those kind of questions) and 36% for the rent question. The circle theorem one was probably wrong, I put 48 (I think) but I got 69 by doing some calculation 😒 I was a bit 'what?' about the crisps question, I thought it was really weird!

I got 11
But i didn't get 36% :frown:
And tht circle theorem is 69 degrees.
Original post by 34908seikj
It was 7x10^8

Thank gosh how about the Circle in the square i wrote 75 pi cuz is said the total shaded area so I did 10x10=100 then take that away from 25Pi
Thank gosh how about the Circle in the square i wrote 75 pi cuz is said the total shaded area so I did 10x10=100 then take that away from 25Pi

I got 69 degrees, don't remember my working though.

And Pi is a number 3.14...

Is it's 25pi = 25*3.14, so you can't just take it away from 100, without first dealing with Pi. BIDMAS or whatever it's called.

Is it's 25pi = 25*3.14, so you can't just take it away from 100, without first dealing with Pi. BIDMAS or whatever it's called.

yes but the question said in whats the answer in terms of Pi which means you leave Pi as it is.
yes but the question said in whats the answer in terms of Pi which means you leave Pi as it is.

Exactly therefore you just leave it as pi, 25pi you can't do anything else to it.
Reply 288
Can you simplify 100 - 25Pi down to 4 - Pi? Or not?
Exactly therefore you just leave it as pi, 25pi you can't do anything else to it.

No CF no Histograms jack **** they put some long ass paragragh for comparing the two box plots f me edexcel
Original post by zara_ruby

So did I!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ellen03

Yes 25(4-pi)

It says give your answer in pi so the answer in fact needed the symbol
Original post by Kajsajbas

Yes Im aware, but I was explaining why you can't do 100-25pi = 75pi
Original post by Kajsajbas

What did you get for that q?
What about the very last question, i think it was, on vectors where it was something like 'from your previous answer, what do we learn about the vector OS?' . I put something like OS is a multiple of OT therefore it is part of the vector OT.
Original post by Ellen03

Yh u can, but you need to write: 25(4-pi) as it is an area, not just a formula
oh and its the higher paper by the way
Original post by AmateurBrainBox
What about the very last question, i think it was, on vectors where it was something like 'from your previous answer, what do we learn about the vector OS?' . I put something like OS is a multiple of OT therefore it is part of the vector OT.

That they're parallel.
That they're parallel.

lol no

that point S also satisfies the vector OT (?) so it is the intersection of the two lines.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending