The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Maths B (J567) Official Thread May 26th 2016 (Non-Calc)

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Thanks for making this thread! I thought our school was the only one who was doing this paper haha since the majority are doing edexcel
Reply 2
Original post by hanawillw
Thanks for making this thread! I thought our school was the only one who was doing this paper haha since the majority are doing edexcel

Haha yeah I know, I think only around 15,000 people do the OCR board. Most do Edexcel or AQA.
Original post by dRaGoN2509
Haha yeah I know, I think only around 15,000 people do the OCR board. Most do Edexcel or AQA.

Yeah I don't know why but I find it alot easier to get marks with this exam board from the mocks I've done. Do you think they'll make it harder this year, because last years exam was apparently the hardest?? The grade boundary for an A* was 159 I think
Reply 4
Original post by hanawillw
Yeah I don't know why but I find it alot easier to get marks with this exam board from the mocks I've done. Do you think they'll make it harder this year, because last years exam was apparently the hardest?? The grade boundary for an A* was 159 I think

I don't know, some people I know think that this year's exam will be difficult because it's the final year they're doing this spec, however it could always be easier. I think we should assume that the exam will be hard just in case. :smile:
Reply 5
What topics do you think will come up on this exam?
Reply 6
The higher the grade boundaries the easier the paper though.. I'd prefer an easier paper with higher grade boundaries then a harder one with lower boundaries.
what topics should I revise really well for paper 1 ?
How did everyone do?
Is there an unofficial mark scheme so far?
Original post by Student02000

I'd like to see it if there is!
Original post by Molly.newcombe

Me too! What did you get for the last answer (if you did higher)? I got 2 Pi

Original post by Molly.newcombe

Our mark schemes are made by the community - so if you haven't seen one yet, you can make a thread called 'OCR Maths B Unofficial Markscheme' and put down all the questions you can remember for the exam. Then if people pitch in you should be able to create one :biggrin:
Me too! What did you get for the last answer (if you did higher)? I got 2 Pi

I got that too! what did you get for the runners one? I think I got it wrong🙄
Reply 14
I got 128 for the Narinder and Radu question.

I got 5p - 9 for one of the questions too.

Voucher A as it was about a pound cheaper
Voucher A
Pocket money I got was £7.50
I got 108 for the narinder one but I thought I got it wrong anyway haha, I got 2pi for the last question, yep voucher a as well, I got 7.50 for Alex's pocket money
did you do the 1 hour paper or the 1 hour 45 min paper
Reply 18
Original post by ?!?!?!?!?!
did you do the 1 hour paper or the 1 hour 45 min paper

1hr 45
I think it was 120 for the runner question but i got 160.
what did people get for the vectors questions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending