The Student Room Group

I think I messed up my UCAS grades... Advice?

Hello,

So I have firmed my university choices but there might be a problem.
I have 2 maths GCSEs... an A with AQA but then the school pulled us out and entered us in edexcel maths and i got an A*.
My teachers told me that i only had to put the A* on my UCAS form because they are both maths gcses and that was my better performance.
I have just spoken to a friend at another school and apparently i had to put both because i have a certificate in both?!? I didnt know this!! What do i do? Is my friend wrong or are my teachers wrong? Do i need to call the university?
When i send the exam certificates they will see both grades but i thought that they would just take the A* because theyre both the same gcse and this one is higher. My friend has said this isn't the case and my application could be discredited. I dont know what to do or if my teacher or friends is rightm i wold appreciate any help!!!
Any qualification you've completed (have a cert for) needs to go on your application.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
Any qualification you've completed (have a cert for) needs to go on your application.

Thank you for your reply. Do you think i should call the universities and let them know or just send the exam certificates and if they query it, explain the misunderstanding of me and my school?
Original post by huwgerard1
Thank you for your reply. Do you think i should call the universities and let them know or just send the exam certificates and if they query it, explain the misunderstanding of me and my school?

Email the details to [email protected]. Once they confirm that they've updated their records, let all of your universities know about the mistake and correction.
Reply 4
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Email the details to [email protected]. Once they confirm that they've updated their records, let all of your universities know about the mistake and correction.

Thank you. Will the university have to reconsider my offer?
Original post by huwgerard1
Thank you. Will the university have to reconsider my offer?

Well, technically they could, but they really aren't going to. You have the A*. You just happen to have an A as well. They really won't concern themselves with something as tiny as this. The fact that they have a dedicated email address at Ucas for this kind of things shows you how common it is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending