The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ewales
That was a tricky one, everyone at school seems to have different answers:
Mine being (2 - root 6)/12.

I'm 95% sure the answer to the last one was 3-6^1/2 all over 12
Original post by Pavs123
For the question with the answer 10-5m, is it wrong to put 5(2-m)?

Yes as -5m+10 is already simplified, no need to factor it.
What do you guys think are gonna be the grade boundaries? I think I didn't do all that well, I looked over the paper, I got around 70-80 :frown:
Original post by eloisenewton_
Yeah I got that :smile:)

Same
Original post by EzraCrowley
I managed to wipe out all of my surds because of using Pythagoras multiple times… slightly concerned but it was only 3 marks I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I ended up using pythagoras as well, tying to work out the length CD or something!! No clue why though when it asked for area haha oh well
Original post by bossboy9360
Same :biggrin: Somewhat reassuring, but loads of people at my school seemed to get 69

yep guys it was 69. Lots of steps about theorems but the answer is 69
How many marks was the last question??
The one that was 3-(root6)/12
Original post by bossboy9360
Same :biggrin: Somewhat reassuring, but loads of people at my school seemed to get 69

an abundance of people people got 72
Original post by EzraCrowley
The question said "what is the probability it does NOT rain, AND it gets cancelled" though? So it was 0.8*0.05=0.04

Yeah the question was definitely that, I got 0.04 too! yay
It's not 18 because you have 3x you have to divide by three so you get x=6 which was the right answer, along with 2.
Original post by gcseexamz
How many marks was the last question??
The one that was 3-(root6)/12

it was 3
Question 4)a) I think was g^6 / g^4 = g^2

People have been putting the answer but not the question so I'm pretty sure that's what it was :smile:
Any unofficial mark schemes ?
How many marks was the question that was x^2= 4(x-3)^2
That the answer was x=2. X=6????
Original post by ewales
The question on Circle Theorem's was 69 degrees.

Does anyone remember questions. I'd be happy to confirm the answers. Question numbers will help, but mainly the content of the questions.
No it doesn't mean it's wrong
Original post by FredWh1
For the last question, I had an answer of 1/3cm^2.... thinking that if you're doing 1/2(base x height), the 1/2 would become the power of 2. It wasn't until after the exam that I realised that 1/2 and ^2 aren't inverse functions...
I don't know what was going through my head.

The last question didn't have a 1/3rd in, I don't think, the area of the big triangle however was 1/4
Original post by eloisenewton_
I ended up using pythagoras as well, tying to work out the length CD or something!! No clue why though when it asked for area haha oh well

Yeah I ended up trying to use Pythagoras too xD
I think it was:
there are 3/5 male teachers
there are 36 males
How many teachers are there altogether.

So firstly you say 2/5 female teachers... i don't wanna go any further because i got 60 as my final answer whilst others got 90!
Original post by innuendog
Can't the question about point S also be about how S splits the line OT into the ratio 3:1 (i think it's line OT, cant remember which line. i mean the one that we hadn't already been told about by the paper)

Yeah it was line OT , and yep I said it splits the line ratio 3:1 too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending