The Student Room Group

OCR F211/F212 AS Biology Retake 2016

Scroll to see replies

Any last minute revision tips? I'm freaking out (not sure why because F211 is so much easier this year) because I feel like I'm lacking knowledge still :s-smilie:
How's everyone else feeling?
Reply 21
OCR AS BIOLOGY A (2015) - These puns are getting cornea and cornea...
http://link.q.is/Pnwc/QvKOBHPGFt

This is a quiz for Biology and it is getting constantly updated so it's really great for quick fire revision and good for practice of Multiple choice questions. Although its based from the OCR Spec, it's still useful for revision because biology is simply biology... So enjoy revising!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mitosis, xerophytes, structure of heart and transpiration haven't come up for a while. I'd put my bets on them 4
Transpiration came up last year question 1
Original post by T-Osiris

Do u know where the june 2015 paper for F211 and F212 is if so could you send me the link or upload it on here.
Reply 25
Original post by lcarter98
Any last minute revision tips? I'm freaking out (not sure why because F211 is so much easier this year) because I feel like I'm lacking knowledge still :s-smilie:
How's everyone else feeling?

Same tbh...
I think the adaptations of the sperm will come up. Never been asked before
Original post by lovelyqueen
Do u know where the june 2015 paper for F211 and F212 is if so could you send me the link or upload it on here.

There ya go mate
Original post by T-Osiris

Hardly, didn't ask for the process
Reply 29
What the actual **** was that. Did anyone else find that hard?
Reply 30
Original post by Bgxx
What the actual **** was that. Did anyone else find that hard?

I thought the paper was fine, but the last question on the heart was tricky :frown:
Reply 31
Original post by GLL1998
I thought the paper was fine, but the last question on the heart was tricky :frown:
do you remember any of your answers? I revised so much but i didnt feel like it went well
What was that!!!!! Ive for sure failed that and i did so much work
Reply 33
Original post by Bgxx
do you remember any of your answers? I revised so much but i didnt feel like it went well

Id revised loads to but I did revise gas exchange loads n that hardly came up :frown:(((

I put a line through the ventricles and labels pykinje fibres, SAN and AVN but that was definitely wrong I had no idea!

Also for the first question about the barrier for minerals in the plasma memberane I put phospholipid bilayer :/

and the process I put exocytosis but not sure if it was that or osmosis
Reply 34
Ohh ffs :frown: will there be an unofficial mark scheme?
for the moss root cell q .. did you all speak about active transport and carrier proteins in the cell membrane of the root hair cells ?
Can anyone remember what they got for the fill in the gap question? And for the heart auestion matching up the statements, did people get F A B E?
I drew the line at the base, it seems to fit with some images on goolge, I think it was exocytosis becasue it mentioned fusing in the question, why wouldnt it be phospolipid bilayer?
Original post by elizabethRT
Can anyone remember what they got for the fill in the gap question? And for the heart auestion matching up the statements, did people get F A B E?

Yeah F A B E
Fill in the gap was cell wall, endodermis, casparian stip and something else

Quick Reply

Latest