The Student Room Group

Wjec c2 may 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FusionNetworks
Anyone doing c3&4:biggrin:?

Nope, but best of luck! I heard it was a nightmare last year.
Original post by PedanticStudent
Nope, but best of luck! I heard it was a nightmare last year.

Thank you! They were not pleasent papers:frown:

I am :frown::frown: absolutely dreading them both tbh, haven't started properly revising for either yet bcos of all the other exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 98matt
I am :frown::frown: absolutely dreading them both tbh, haven't started properly revising for either yet bcos of all the other exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just started revising c3 lol
I just started revising c3 lol

I started doing the past papers for c3 when we'd just finished the module, but that was 2months or so ago so I've pretty much forgotten everything now
Reply 145
Original post by burninginneon
For the equation of the second circle, I got (x-6)^2+(x-7)^=20 using the coordinates of the centre and then subbing in the x and y values of P and Q to get the 20. Have no idea if it's right but it's all I could think of doing.

I got that!! Exam marker will probably think I'm crazy from drawing so any diagrams 😂
Reply 146
How did everyone write the circle's equation on Q.8? I wrote mine (x-6)^2+(x-7)^2=20. Did it have to be written in the form without the brackets or is that fine for the marks?
Original post by RPFeyn
How did everyone write the circle's equation on Q.8? I wrote mine (x-6)^2+(x-7)^2=20. Did it have to be written in the form without the brackets or is that fine for the marks?

That is fine for the marks
Reply 148
For some reason my whole school freaked out about the paper? I thought it wasn't bad.
My prediction for grade boundaries
A - 58
B - 51
C - 45
D - 39
E - 31

Does anyone else have any predictions?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by luciemorgan1999
My prediction for grade boundaries
A - 58
B - 51
C - 45
D - 39
E - 31

Does anyone else have any predictions?

Full ums at 72 ish I reckon
Original post by RPFeyn
For some reason my whole school freaked out about the paper? I thought it wasn't bad.

That's not bad news lol. The worse people do the lower the boundaries! I got it all except length AD and equation of c2 so I'm looking at high 90s for ums with any luck.

I agree with poster above, 71 or 72 for full ums.
Reply 152
That's not bad news lol. The worse people do the lower the boundaries! I got it all except length AD and equation of c2 so I'm looking at high 90s for ums with any luck.

I agree with poster above, 71 or 72 for full ums.

Good news for me then hopefully, I count mine to be about 70 or 71. Part C for Logs was the only thing I messed up, but I may have worded my answer to 2. c) incorrectly too. I really need 100 UMS to make up for me dropping stupid marks in C1.
all of u r nerds
ur mum has issues with my 15 incher reaching her small intestine
U wanna get dat checked on embarrassing bodiez init bruv Urmum haz A* in pole dansin

Posted from TSR Mobile

ye well you have an A* in english literature and RE
Original post by RPFeyn
Good news for me then hopefully, I count mine to be about 70 or 71. Part C for Logs was the only thing I messed up, but I may have worded my answer to 2. c) incorrectly too. I really need 100 UMS to make up for me dropping stupid marks in C1.

The boundaries might be even lower than that. Have you seen the reaction on twitter? Type 'wjec c2' into the twitter search and see for yourself haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
The boundaries might be even lower than that. Have you seen the reaction on twitter? Type 'wjec c2' into the twitter search and see for yourself haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

tbh, while I'm sort of generalising here, the people who go on twitter to rant about their exams may not be the type of people who would have done well anyway.

I think 70 UMS for full, and 57 for an A

Yep, unfortunately. Did last year's C4 paper as a mock, it was terrible but because the boundaries were so low, ended up with an A* :P hopefully the same will happen this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow :0 maybe similar ums boundaries to last year's paper then - that was 69/75 for 100ums and 55/75 for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending