The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ckeys
LITERALLY ME HAHA! Im hoping its a nice wee brief short poem but thats just wishful thinking! For unseen i think the secret is to question everything and be really deep and philosophical.. LOL !

lmao too true, just have to link it to some deeper meaning like racism or lost love or something
If anyone wants any help on An Inspector Calls, look up Mr Salles Teaches English or Mr Bruff on youtube
They have some fab videos, and Mr Bruff has some on unseen poetry too !!
Original post by chloecam29
Was it bad? I did it last year and it was absolutely horrific tbh

Yes, it was hard. Probably worse than the hardest past paper because I did all of them and got 80+ on them. Honestly - when you sit and do past papers you have more freedom to think and analyze graphs/triangles etc where as when you're in your GCSE doing the actual thing trying to figure out which method to use or find X in a circle theorem you just can't think creatively to answer the question, too much pressure.
Original post by jackcoys
lets talk about that t4 paper:

wtf

The T4 exam I did in January was horrible, I left out about 6 questions it was that bad! How does everyone else feel about the paper? Maths grade boundaries are normally pretty low anyway because they scale the results depending on how people perform
Original post by illmatics
I'm doing unit 2 History too and honestly I haven't did any revision the past couple of weeks for it because I've been to busy focusing on other subjects that I've had exams for. I'm planning on doing a good bit this weekend, I'm somehow under the impression it won't take long to learn because I did all my notes earlier this year but that could just be my mind lying to myself lol

Same here, i'm planning on learning a topic a day after the unit 1 exam so I'm not completely leaving everything until the last minute!
Does anybody think they could ask a question solely on superstition for Blood Brothers? They have never explicitly asked for it in a question and in 2012 they asked how social class caused the split between the 2 boys so I was thinking they might ask something similar for superstition. Also, is anybody else doing the Love & Death poetry anthology? It seems as if barely anyone outside of my class does it.
Original post by tearsforyears
i think wagtail and baby and blackberry picking will come up. not sure though :/

I wouldn't mind that!! What play are you doing? :smile:
Does anyone else do An Inspector Calls and have predictions on it?? I'm panicking so much for that section!!

wtf

I was tearing up doing mine last year because I thought I completely messed up but still managed an A*- I think grade boundaries are low so don't worry about it :biggrin:
Original post by wizardry9
Does anyone else do An Inspector Calls and have predictions on it?? I'm panicking so much for that section!!

I do AIC! Currently the characters and themes that have come up are:

Characters:
2015- Inspector
2014- Mrs Birling
2013- Mr Birling
2012- Eric

Themes:
2015- Relationships, and differing attitudes to love
2014- Birling family members have learnt nothing
2013- Eric and Shiela, learned important lessons
2012- Show how far you agree the marriage is bases on social class
Reply 90

wtf

Don't worry about it, I sat T4 in January and I honestly thought I'd failed it yet I came out with an A*. The grade boundaries are really, really low :smile:
I do AIC! Currently the characters and themes that have come up are:

Characters:
2015- Inspector
2014- Mrs Birling
2013- Mr Birling
2012- Eric

Themes:
2015- Relationships, and differing attitudes to love
2014- Birling family members have learnt nothing
2013- Eric and Shiela, learned important lessons
2012- Show how far you agree the marriage is bases on social class

Ah that's great thankyou!! So looks like Gerald or Sheila might be a possibility for character?? That's not too bad but I suppose no way of really prediciting what theme,,, maybe Lies or Social class do you think??
Original post by wizardry9
Ah that's great thankyou!! So looks like Gerald or Sheila might be a possibility for character?? That's not too bad but I suppose no way of really prediciting what theme,,, maybe Lies or Social class do you think??

No worries! Yes I was thinking either one of them! I know, predicting theme is tough tbh
If it was social class I'd be happy enough! Or even age differences that'd be decent
No worries! Yes I was thinking either one of them! I know, predicting theme is tough tbh
If it was social class I'd be happy enough! Or even age differences that'd be decent

Yes age differences would be good!
Original post by Tsunaomi
I was tearing up doing mine last year because I thought I completely messed up but still managed an A*- I think grade boundaries are low so don't worry about it :biggrin:

Wow, relating so much. On the 2nd question I just froze up and thought about what I'd say in August when it's a U lmaoo, thanks for this post hahaha. Only exams at the end of the day.
Wow, relating so much. On the 2nd question I just froze up and thought about what I'd say in August when it's a U lmaoo, thanks for this post hahaha. Only exams at the end of the day.

hahaha no worries, I remember covering my eyes so nobody could see me crying and thinking the same thing :P
English literature war and nature?
A narrow fellow looking likely to come up but what would it be paired with?

wtf

Tell me about it. Did it earlier and it went awful
Original post by BoyWhoCried

My teacher said it's best to compare it with either Auguries of Innocence, or Composed Upon Westminster Bridge
Original post by BoyWhoCried

I've got war and and nature tomorrow too

Quick Reply

Latest