The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by #1Mathlete
Daljeet ma boiiiiii

In his flash caah :smile::smile:
Original post by theone97
I was very happy with the test until I found the 2 very dumb mistakes I made!

For the question on teachers, I worked out the number of female teachers (54) and wrote that down in my answer but by chance, along the way I worked out and labelled the total number of teachers as 90. Do you think they will accept it even though I didn't put it as my final answer?

Also, for the last question, I got to the point when area = 3/4 - (root 6)/12 and then I made a horribly stupid mistake to write area = (36 - (root 6))/12. How many marks will this lose me if it was a 3 mark question? I'm hoping for just 1.

Well 3/4 - (root 6)/12 is wrong, however i presume the method was right so i'd say 1/3.
18b was 14/5 not 24/5
What did people put for the oil one? I put 53 days.. but I have heard a variety of answers from friends so ;-;

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by junayd1998
IMG_0539.jpg Something like this came up this is what I did for that question is that right? And how many marks was this???

2 marks and if you did that on the picture you got both marks
just started that question when I run out if time. Gutted. How can anyone finish all of these questions in 1h 45?

QUOTE=mrpaper;65197711]Think about it,
The probability of it not raining in June and the match not being cancelled.only
0.04 doesn't make much sense.
Original post by GeekyThomas
What did people put for the oil one? I put 53 days.. but I have heard a variety of answers from friends so ;-;

Posted from TSR Mobile

What oil question? It rings a bell but I can't remember it.
Original post by gcseexamz
2 marks and if you did that on the picture you got both marks

yes boy gimme that high five
Original post by GeekyThomas

Posted from TSR Mobile

answer was anything between 45 and 47 ish
Original post by LogicalFallacy
Hey, if anybody is willing to contribute the answers, and preferably the questions, then I shall set up a mark scheme for you all. Thanks in advance!

Can people please attach question numbers to their answers? Method would be appreciated.

This will be updated as I go along.

Spoiler

argh the only one i got wrong is the 7 x 10*8 i put 0.7 x10*9!! :frown: I'm so sad rn!!
IMG_0539.jpg Something like this came up this is what I did for that question is that right? And how many marks was this???

I got the same, was 4 marks for both questions. Tell me what people say
[QUOTE="bantaleg;65198225"]
Original post by #1Mathlete
Daljeet ma boiiiiii

In his flash caah :smile::smile:

Our English teacher bet a tenner on harvest moon by ted Hughes for our unseen poem btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gabika1979
just started that question when I run out if time. Gutted. How can anyone finish all of these questions in 1h 45?

QUOTE=mrpaper;65197711]Think about it,
The probability of it not raining in June and the match not being cancelled.only
0.04 doesn't make much sense.

Finished ~45min- hour, it was a pretty pleasant exam, compared to last years non-calc at least.
do you guys have any ideas , as to what the grade boundaries will be like???
yes boy gimme that high five

well done boy whats your expected grade
Original post by mariale99
do you guys have any ideas , as to what the grade boundaries will be like???

160-165 a*
130-135 A
I didnt do that well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gcseexamz
160-165 a*
130-135 A

sounds good!
Original post by 34908seikj
Well 3/4 - (root 6)/12 is wrong, however i presume the method was right so i'd say 1/3.

Sorry, typed it wrong. I ended up with the correct - area = 1/4 - (root 6)/12 and only then turned it into a fraction over 12 wrong. So would that be 2/3?
[QUOTE="#1Mathlete;65198337"]
Original post by bantaleg

Our English teacher bet a tenner on harvest moon by ted Hughes for our unseen poem btw

Posted from TSR Mobile

for what exam board?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending