The Student Room Group

I messed up my maths gcse...

I sat the edexcel higher paper this morning, and it was ok, but i had a panic attack and the invigilators wouldnt't let me leave, yet they let people go to the toilet. I crossed out stuff that was right and made stupid mistakes because honestly, I'm good at maths until I'm in the exam hall - i get incredibly nervous and i thought i was going to be sick. I don't think I'm going to get an a*, nevermind a B 😭 any advice?
Reply 1
Put it behind you now, you have other exams to think about. Aim to get in the 80s for the second paper.
Reply 2
I've never got above 80 in a past paper, that's the thing. I've always got about 75 in each, and even if I got 80 in the calc, I'm not sure I could get an A.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Rangzii
I've never got above 80 in a past paper, that's the thing. I've always got about 75 in each, and even if I got 80 in the calc, I'm not sure I could get an A.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you reckon you go on this paper?
Reply 4
Original post by Rangzii
I sat the edexcel higher paper this morning, and it was ok, but i had a panic attack and the invigilators wouldnt't let me leave, yet they let people go to the toilet. I crossed out stuff that was right and made stupid mistakes because honestly, I'm good at maths until I'm in the exam hall - i get incredibly nervous and i thought i was going to be sick. I don't think I'm going to get an a*, nevermind a B 😭 any advice?

are u a guy?
Reply 5
No, I'm a girl, why?
I reckon I got around 56 if I'm lucky 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rangzii

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have till the 9th of June to fix your **** and ace the exam, man. Work your tits off and you'll be fine.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
I just used the unofficial mark scheme and discovered I may have got around 70 actually.... Slightly relieved but I can fix it I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Bro exactly i used to get in my 90's before the exam and when i left the hall i felt like i got in my 70's its really sad. tbh leave it behind and aim for a high grade in the next paper
Original post by Rangzii

Posted from TSR Mobile

same story!!! dont think i will be able to get the A either!! literally spent about an Hour crying....
Reply 11
Original post by carolinrev
same story!!! dont think i will be able to get the A either!! literally spent about an Hour crying....

It wasn't at all what I was expecting, I think that's what did it TBH.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rangzii
It wasn't at all what I was expecting, I think that's what did it TBH.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep! i acc done the same thing got half through it and panicked and i was literally pushing myself to finish the paper... i was mentally broke !!!
Reply 13
Original post by carolinrev
yep! i acc done the same thing got half through it and panicked and i was literally pushing myself to finish the paper... i was mentally broke !!!

The worst thing was that it was an easy paper, but I saw some things and my brain just shut down. I was surrounded by people in the same set as me who were two pages ahead too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rangzii
The worst thing was that it was an easy paper, but I saw some things and my brain just shut down. I was surrounded by people in the same set as me who were two pages ahead too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

rarrr... true.. it was an okay papers but i literally couldnt do it, i dunno what i done or what i am gonna do in the next paper... as soon as i walked out of the exam people were comparing their answers and i was like i didnt get that. couldnt stay in school so i walked out... the stress was unreal
Original post by HateOCR
Bro exactly i used to get in my 90's before the exam and when i left the hall i felt like i got in my 70's its really sad. tbh leave it behind and aim for a high grade in the next paper

Same I've consistently got that and I thought I'd done well but I'm starting to remember everything I did wrong after checking the unofficial markscheme. I guess if I do well on paper 2 I can still get the A*... I hope
Reply 16
Original post by emperorzurg
Same I've consistently got that and I thought I'd done well but I'm starting to remember everything I did wrong after checking the unofficial markscheme. I guess if I do well on paper 2 I can still get the A*... I hope

Fingers crossed for us lot on the boundary of the A*!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rangzii
Fingers crossed for us lot on the boundary of the A*!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it's still possible
Original post by Rangzii
No, I'm a girl, why?
I reckon I got around 56 if I'm lucky 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

56 is still loads better than other people if you get similar in the next test it will be a really strong B i wouldn't worry yet

Quick Reply

Latest