The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

The Circle Theorems question is worth 5 Marks if you're wondering
Original post by mysticfalls
what was the answer for the last question and the simultaneous graph questions, please.

For the last question I got (3-root6)/12
I put -1.2 and 5.2 for the question with the graph, so is there a range for the correct answer? Or is it only -1.1 and 5.1
Original post by 34908seikj
If you had 100/25pi you MIGHT get an extra mark for the 25pi, idk though.

Ok, do you remember question 12b?
I had a constructed triangle for my answer
Original post by Mathsgcseexam
For the question on graphs, I put -1.2 and 5.2- will I still get the marks? Is there a range of answers for those?

There will be a given boundary but it wont be very big (maybe 0.2 either side)
Reply 745
For that question where it said use the graph to estimate these solutions: for one of them I completed the square and solved them. Would I lose marks? I panicked
Can someone explain 17(?)(b) to me? I just put X=2 because I thought it was the vertex of the curve only?
Original post by jamesM22
Ok, do you remember question 12b?
I had a constructed triangle for my answer

I don't remember having to construct a triangle, just a line perpendicular to AB from point C? is that the question you're talking about?
yeah I got that!
Original post by Rajive
For that question where it said use the graph to estimate these solutions: for one of them I completed the square and solved them. Would I lose marks? I panicked

For one of the questions, I stupidly wrote 4.0 instead of 0.04, however I wrote 0.04 in my workings, do you thing they would still mark it correct?
What was question 17 and 18?
Original post by student563
yeah I got that!

is it correct?
Original post by LogicalFallacy
Hey, if anybody is willing to contribute the answers, and preferably the questions, then I shall set up a mark scheme for you all. Thanks in advance!

Can people please attach question numbers to their answers? Method would be appreciated.

This will be updated as I go along.

Spoiler

question 11 with the 36% was 3 marks
(edited 7 years ago)
What if you only compared the range and median for the box plot question? Can you still get three marks?
I got the area of the two triangles for the surds question, but couldn't subtract them, how many marks do you think I would get for this?
Original post by Mathsgcseexam
What if you only compared the range and median for the box plot question? Can you still get three marks?

No, you NEED the IQR as well
The circle theorems reasoning:
(Angle given at the start = 48 degrees)
1. Tangent meets radius at 90 degrees, so the bottom left angle = 90 - 48 which = 42
2. From the bottom left angle, you could use alternate segment theorem to work out the top right angle, which is therefore also 42 degrees.
3. As it is an isosceles triangle, the other 2 angles in that same triangle must be the same and add up to (180-42) 138. So each angle is 69 degrees
4. Using the top left angle acquired from the previous step, you can use alternate segment theorem again to find the angle they were looking for, which is 69 degrees
Original post by webb-tom2
I got the area of the two triangles for the surds question, but couldn't subtract them, how many marks do you think I would get for this?

It depends what was your answer?
I wrote 100 - 25Π in my workings but my final answer was 75Π, will i still get the marks?
Also what was the inequalities solving question??? :smile:
@LogicalFallacy About 15% of all online TSR members are looking at this thread right now :eek3: It's had well over 2000 link clicks on twitter... :eek4: and about 20k pageviews already.

Thanks to everyone who helped contribute any answers to the questions - it's really helpful for everyone :bl:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending