The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA English Literature - June 2016 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1260
Thinking that in Paris with you, to his coy mistress or brothers may come up as they haven't come up yet
I'm bored out of my head revising poems- anyone got any tips?
Does anybody have any predictions for Relationships cluster?
Original post by Str355ed
Does anybody have any predictions for Relationships cluster?

To his coy mistress
Reply 1264
Any predictions for the conflict poetry cluster?:frown:
Reply 1265
Does anybody have any predictions for the Place cluster??? Really need some help with it
Original post by Ella_08
It's ok, you don't have to talk about his conscience. The point you made isn't wrong, don't worry. I have geography tomorrow too :frown: what course do you do? I do AQA B

oh i did a!!
How are ppl revising?? Haven't done any:/ spent a lot of my time revising maths instead
(doing the conflict cluster)
Original post by GCSElyfe
How are ppl revising?? Haven't done any:/ spent a lot of my time revising maths instead
(doing the conflict cluster)

I haven't revised for it at all either :/ I'm doing the conflict cluster and I think I might just try to memorise my annotations from a while ago and maybe watch videos on youtube...? I really don't know how to revise :frown:
Original post by Jovial
Thinking that in Paris with you, to his coy mistress or brothers may come up as they haven't come up yet

Also Harmonium I think so it will either be about physical love or family love but idk still revise everything
I'm studying Of mice and men, An inspector calls and I'm doing the relationships cluster. I think unit 1 (modern texts) went alright, but the Inspector calls questions were awful!
In terms of poetry, I think Coy mistress, brothers and in paris with you are likely to appear - they are the only poems that haven't been named so far. Does anyone have any predictions for what themes might be on it?
Original post by madchenblau
I'm studying Of mice and men, An inspector calls and I'm doing the relationships cluster. I think unit 1 (modern texts) went alright, but the Inspector calls questions were awful!
In terms of poetry, I think Coy mistress, brothers and in paris with you are likely to appear - they are the only poems that haven't been named so far. Does anyone have any predictions for what themes might be on it?

it's the last year, so I think the questions will be very specific. Maybe on structure or language specifically.

I predict that it will be a new poem (like THCM) with a theme and then a well-known or easier poem (like nettles or praise song for my mother) with a specific thing like the start/ending or language/structure.
Any predictions for conflict cluster?
Original post by munchjin
it's the last year, so I think the questions will be very specific. Maybe on structure or language specifically.

I predict that it will be a new poem (like THCM) with a theme and then a well-known or easier poem (like nettles or praise song for my mother) with a specific thing like the start/ending or language/structure.

okay, thank you! :smile:
Reply 1274

I don't think it's going to be very specific because it was very very vague for the Omam and the crucible exam. To his coy mistress is a possibility however, it might not come up due to the fact that it is now in the a level cluster too
Original post by Jovial
I don't think it's going to be very specific because it was very very vague for the Omam and the crucible exam. To his coy mistress is a possibility however, it might not come up due to the fact that it is now in the a level cluster too

I did An inspector calls and OMAM and I think that the OMAM questions were generous whereas AIC was more difficult.
So, I think one question is going to be fairly simple but one will be more difficult.
My predictions are:
To his coy mistress is a possibility however, In Paris With You could come up. Does anybody think they'll ask on the structure and language specifically this year?
Reply 1277
I did An inspector calls and OMAM and I think that the OMAM questions were generous whereas AIC was more difficult.
So, I think one question is going to be fairly simple but one will be more difficult.

I don't know. It could be anything tbh. It's the last year they could do anything bc in our crucible exam they gave us a question and then a choice between 4 characters to write about two which was really weird
Reply 1278
Could someone possibly tell me what could be asked on To His Coy Mistress so that I can do a practise answer?
http://goo.gl/TSwbLr fill it in for GCSE ENGLISH LIT CONFLICT POEMS TOMORROW!!

Quick Reply