The Student Room Group

AQA AS Biology 7401/1 and 7401/2 Exam - 26th May and 7th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Clintbarton
All of it. They go through it and tick it when you make a correct point.
Posted from TSR Mobile

The thing is after saying that memory B-cells stay in the blood for a long time, my next sentence was phagocytes engulf the pathogen etc etc !!! So what will happen regarding that?? Will i still achieve full marks provided i already stated all the points, or what????
Original post by rosemondtan
Paper was quite easy, didn't write standard form though and barely finished the last question so had no time to check lol. Calibration curve question was BOMB!!!!!

I agreeeee!! I didn't run out of time but I was cutting it very close. Didn't have time to go over stuff. What did you put for the calibration question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you guys put for the statistical test question?? I said find the standard deviation...
Original post by Doxoco
Since when does a carrier protein synthesise cellulose

In this case, it is an enzyme because it catalyses the formation reaction of cellulose. The word substrate is a big hint
Original post by mightyfall
What did you guys put for the statistical test question?? I said find the standard deviation...

Same, its the only thing i know on statistics.

I put spearman's correlation then crossed it out and wrote T-test and I kept crossing it out and I can't remember which I actually put.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone make a markscheme lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wanted to get an A but I don't think that's happening :frown: hopefully the second paper is better.
I agreeeee!! I didn't run out of time but I was cutting it very close. Didn't have time to go over stuff. What did you put for the calibration question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Basically prepare a set of standard solutions with known concentrations of reducing sugars and carry out the benedicts test on them. Then, record the Colour values on the colorimeter and plot a graph of colorimeter value against concentration. Draw a line of best fit. Carry out the experiment and withdraw samples of the suspension at different time intervals and carry out benedicts test. Obtain the Colour value from the colorimeter and you can get the corresponding concentration of maltose in the suspension from your calibration curve. :smile: what did you put for the last question about Alzheimer's and the question about analysing the results from the monopolar mitotic spindle? :smile:
What did you guys say for explaining the plant cells graph?
I put spearman's correlation then crossed it out and wrote T-test and I kept crossing it out and I can't remember which I actually put.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's defo t test because you are comparing 2 means
Reply 251
For the last question where it asks how that molecule could be a substrate for 2 different enzymes
The question mentioned the subsrate to be a complex molecule so I just wrote that it has more than one binding sites. Could form more than one e-s complexes etc etc. Any thoughts?
Basically prepare a set of standard solutions with known concentrations of reducing sugars and carry out the benedicts test on them. Then, record the Colour values on the colorimeter and plot a graph of colorimeter value against concentration. Draw a line of best fit. Carry out the experiment and withdraw samples of the suspension at different time intervals and carry out benedicts test. Obtain the Colour value from the colorimeter and you can get the corresponding concentration of maltose in the suspension from your calibration curve. :smile: what did you put for the last question about Alzheimer's and the question about analysing the results from the monopolar mitotic spindle? :smile:

Well **** I didn't put that HAHAHHA I hated that question. For the very last one? Something about inhibiting necessary proteins or something like that I can't remember! That monopolise spindle I put something like the spindle fibres aren't attached to the opposing sides of the centromere so when they shorten and pull apart in anaphase they cannot pull apart the chromosomes into individual chromatids so anaphase in unsuccessful and therefore so is mitosis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 253
Monopolar question 😢 I just wrote that chromatids are being pulled by centromere to only of pole of the cell. Number of chromosomes not able to half.
Why were both enzymes able to synthesise the protein??
It's defo t test because you are comparing 2 means

Pretty sure I put t-test 👊🏽👊🏽👊🏽 hopefully lol. Did you not feel that there was some really bloody easy questions? Like that one about the phospholipid vs triglyceride I was like what is this!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any thoughts on grade boundaries??
Why were both enzymes able to synthesise the protein??

Similar / same active site shape to each other which is complementary to the substrate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any thoughts on grade boundaries??

Most people I've talked to are saying it was difficult but personally I found it quite... Average? Especially compared to those specimen papers! I reckon average grade boundaries, usual ones 75-80% A.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 259
Original post by lordkiff32
Same, its the only thing i know on statistics.

I put prospective studies, as the condition of the candidate is observed and tracked over a period of 9 months since the initial.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending