The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AngryJellyfish
Well, they accepted me. :dontknow:

Out of curiostiy what are the requirements of a mod?
ay aya y
Oh look you guys finished the last one
Original post by mr T 999
Out of curiostiy what are the requirements of a mod?

As a Support Team member, my main task is to make interesting threads. Such as my hugely successful digital manga one from a few weeks back. :tumble: Or, my anime season preview threads (which actually do go relatively well :giggle:).

Other things such as dealing with spam and rule-breaking posts are more side-jobs than anything - though I'm sure they're more work for Chat mods than they are for Entertainment mods!
Original post by AngryJellyfish
As a Support Team member, my main task is to make interesting threads. Such as my hugely successful digital manga one from a few weeks back. :tumble: Or, my anime season preview threads (which actually do go relatively well :giggle:).

Other things such as dealing with spam and rule-breaking posts are more side-jobs than anything - though I'm sure they're more work for Chat mods than they are for Entertainment mods!

So how do you become a mod? how many hours do you have to give in a week?

I was invited, because of years of making good threads. :proud: But people can read up about the role and/or apply here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3340701

The thread just asks that you make 'regular' contributions to the site - since I'm rarely ever logged off, I can manage that without any effort. :p:

Are you thinking of becoming a mod?

Check out your past records first to make sure you qualify. For me it's not possible anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Impressive

Check out your past records first to make sure you qualify. For me it's not possible anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I am thinking of becoming a mod, maybe not now once I got more rep and I contribute to the forum alot more then yes. How come its not possile for you to become a mod?
Yeah I am thinking of becoming a mod, maybe not now once I got more rep and I contribute to the forum alot more then yes. How come its not possile for you to become a mod?

It's just me posting inappropriate stuff. I'm sure it will be taken into account during my application. The only option I have now is to create another account and write "helpful and informative messages."

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's just me posting inappropriate stuff. I'm sure it will be taken into account during my application. The only option I have now is to create another account and write "helpful and informative messages."

Posted from TSR Mobile

What inappropriate stuff? does spam count as one becuase I've doing that alot lol XD
What inappropriate stuff? does spam count as one becuase I've doing that alot lol XD

Spam, probably. I am talking more about sexual jokes and similar. Not to mention that some people got offended because of me. It's a bit harder to get any rep points now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Spam, probably. I am talking more about sexual jokes and similar. Not to mention that some people got offended because of me. It's a bit harder to get any rep points now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can always go on a path of redemption
You can always go on a path of redemption

Have you tried it yourself?

TSR won't allow such behaviour, you either post helpful information or you can say goodbye to your dreams of becoming a mod.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Have you tried it yourself?

TSR won't allow such behaviour, you either post helpful information or you can say farewell to your dreams of becoming a mod.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmm I'm not sure if i will get it then. I've been spamming quite alot nothing bad, just random post as you can tell. Its just mainly on here do in these forum games. I did get a badege after all for being helpful elsewhere...
Hmmm I'm not sure if i will get it then. I've been spamming quite alot nothing bad, just random post as you can tell. Its just mainly on here do in these forum games. I did get a badege after all for being helpful elsewhere...

*application rejected*

Posted from TSR Mobile
*application rejected*

Posted from TSR Mobile

:getmecoat:
Just wanna say well done and don't feel bad here is your prize

Edit: At least be happy that sniper didn't win it

Well done...but this time will be me winning :eyeball:

I have prior warnings for silly little things... unless you've gone as far as getting banned, or posting anything discriminatory or bullying, things such as spam or inappropriate jokes should be forgivable, especially if you can show you've changed by not getting further warnings for the same things. :yes:

...not that I have any say on who gets made a mod or anything, but they'd be silly to turn down a willing volunteer without a good reason, if they had a vacancy for a new mod.
:blow:

Latest