The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jamesM22
It was out of two so probably got one. For the second part of the probability question with tree diagrams, do I get one out of the two marks if i selected the correct numbers to multiply?

If it was out of 2 marks then you wouldn't get any, I don't think. 1 mark for method, 1 make for correct answer. You didn't do either in that case.

and probably, yes.
Original post by Bethanyyy104
What did people get for the standard form question?
And what was the method for the last question?
And the one before the last one with the like 1/X2 and the fish symbol?

Standard form = 7x10^8
Last question:

The large triangle was 1/2*√2/2*√2/2 = 2/8 = 1/4

The small triangle was 1/2*√3/3*√2/2= √6/12

Large triangle - Small triangle = gray area

1/4 - √6/12 is equivalent to (3 - √6)/12

the second to last question was inverse proportion, where K=100
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Macauley Ware
What was the probability question at the end? Not the answer but the sums and numbers involved.

I completely screwed the test up - in my last mock exams I've got 95-98 every time, this time i cant even see myself getting an A*. Went horribly wrong

OMG same i got 98 on my mock before this exam now i feel like im gonna scrape an A :frown:
Original post by iMacJack
If anyone is struggling with a question, tell me the details of the question and I'll provide an answer for you to stop ye debating (hopefully)

Posted from TSR Mobile

If i factorised the envelope question, so I wrote 5(x+4y) would i get a mark or two ?
Original post by HateOCR
OMG same i got 98 on my mock before this exam now i feel like im gonna scrape an A :frown:

Its not even like i assumed i made mistakes, this is the first paper I've ever come out of and can say before its been marked I've lost a minimum of 12 marks, and I've learned of like 8 more I've lost. Im praying the calculator paper is my thing. To be honest, I've been getting A stars in all my mocks, but my GCSEs have all been really poor showings by me - i haven't truly finished one exam when before in my mocks id finish everything. I do not have a clue what has become of me :frown:
On a circle theorem question could you get some marks for just correct reasons but not method?
Guys what did you get for the Vector questions? xd
Original post by 34908seikj
If it was out of 2 marks then you wouldn't get any, I don't think. 1 mark for method, 1 make for correct answer. You didn't do either in that case.

and probably, yes.

Last question, for 12 B on bisecting questions, was it a triangle? or what did yours look like?
Original post by Year112016
On a circle theorem question could you get some marks for just correct reasons but not method?

It depends on what you did, you might.
Original post by Nooooooooo
If i factorised the envelope question, so I wrote 5(x+4y) would i get a mark or two ?

i guess u get both since technically when u open it out u get the same answer. i did the same thing u did on the vector questions (both of them)
Original post by 34908seikj

and probably, yes.

Last question, for 12 B on bisecting questions, was it a triangle? or what did yours look like?
Original post by HateOCR
i guess u get both since technically when u open it out u get the same answer. i did the same thing u did on the vector questions (both of them)

Thanks for the help, people were saying no but i was thinking that it is the exact same thing
LOL i got 91
for the last question, I somehow simplified (3-√6)/12 into -√6/4

Is that wrong and if so, how many marks will I lose ( I followed all the right workings)
Original post by Macauley Ware
Its not even like i assumed i made mistakes, this is the first paper I've ever come out of and can say before its been marked I've lost a minimum of 12 marks, and I've learned of like 8 more I've lost. Im praying the calculator paper is my thing. To be honest, I've been getting A stars in all my mocks, but my GCSEs have all been really poor showings by me - i haven't truly finished one exam when before in my mocks id finish everything. I do not have a clue what has become of me :frown:

You are exactly like me!!! I do so gooood in my mocks but then my exams get effed up, idk if im nervous or if its the new questions that trip me up. I actually knew the inverse proportionality question but i thought it was a trcik so i just filled in the vlaue of x :frown: lost 4 marks there already. tbh im happy if i get an A and hopefully i will redeem my self and my into my 90's for the calc paper.
Reply 835
What would a C on both papers be?
is this the full mark scheme? like I'm not trying to be hate since I've not contributed its just that i think some questions are missing? I just want to know if this is the complete set of answers?? sorry x
Guys, what do you think a B grade would be?
Original post by jamesM22

opOMEH5.jpgIs this what you're talking about, this question?
Need the amount of marks for each question to be updated, at the moment only getting around 43 but discounted ones which don't have amount of marks so hopefully it will go up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending