The Student Room Group

AQA Biology AS New Spec - 26th May and 7th June

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by WilliamCL
Can come one pls tell me if there was a fish question?

nope
Original post by nav5678
what did people write for a statistical test?

i wrote calc standard deviation and do error bars , overlap = cvhance =non signifficatnt no overlap =significant
Grade boundaries:
A - 22
B - 18
C - 13
D - 9
E - 4
U - 1

Seems about accurate.
Original post by SANTR
Yes!! what was the shape of your graph?

Well I plotted each point and then did a line of best fit which just showed a steady increase - wasn't too steep. The actual points themselves didn't form a perfect line or anything, they were slightly scattered either side of the best fit line and then of course the last two were the same value.
Original post by melinalouise
that felt like a paper on enzymes I swear they were in every question, bit confusing. I got 22.5 for the ROR, but I messed up the magnification cos i did the wrong conversion:frown: For the graph question did other people get answers x10^-3?

Yes!!! I got that too x
Original post by nav5678
what did people write for a statistical test?

I wrote SD, because it allows easy comparison :/
Reply 86
Original post by neyscar
Well I plotted each point and then did a line of best fit which just showed a steady increase - wasn't too steep. The actual points themselves didn't form a perfect line or anything, they were slightly scattered either side of the best fit line and then of course the last two were the same value.

Yes!
What was your explanation?
If someone can get me a copy of the paper or can remember most the questions I can put together an unofficial mark scheme.
Reply 88
Original post by hxrrict
i got 22.5 but i dont think its right im not sure i even know how to calculate it i just divided the value on the left axis by 10

I did this too!
Original post by SANTR
Predictions on grade boundaries, it's out of 75,?

It's a new spec so you can't really tell I would think it would be about:
60 - A
52 - B
44 - C
36 - D
28 - E
Original post by Oddwatermelon
Grade boundaries:
A - 22
B - 18
C - 13
D - 9
E - 4
U - 1

Seems about accurate.

/u/Oddwatermelon for AQA Chief Examiner
Reply 91
Original post by neyscar
For the magnification question, who else got something like 21,000? I followed all the steps but I think my answer looks weird, I'm not sure.

Yeah i got 21,000 too - 84,0000/ 4
Reply 92
Original post by BamSrown
It's a new spec so you can't really tell I would think it would be about:
60 - A
52 - B
44 - C
36 - D
28 - E

I doubt an A would be 60.
70-75% is always an A.
70-75% = about 49-53 for an A.
Reply 93
I divided by 3600
Reply 94
lol shows your knowledge about grade boundaries...
I don't think the grade boundaries would be too high considering the new spec and all
Reply 96
Distribution of questions was terrible, felt like alot of the content was missed out :/
Reply 97
Found that an extremely hard paper. Revised for so long covering every topic. Just to have the exam paper being mostly on enzymes!
Reply 98
Original post by SANTR
I doubt an A would be 60.
70-75% is always an A.
70-75% = about 49-53 for an A.

yeah this is much more believable
Original post by SANTR
Yes!
What was your explanation?

I said that the graph shows that as time passes, the rate of sucrose hydrolysis increases which suggests that the number of plant cells is growing at an increasing rate because this hydrolysis has to occur within the plant cells so more hydrolysis suggests more cells present and thus more growth of the plant. Wasn't entirely sure on this answer but I think that's the sort of thing they were after.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending