The Student Room Group

AQA AS Biology 7401/1 and 7401/2 Exam - 26th May and 7th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

If I said the vaccine contained dead pathogen instead of weakened, would I lost the mark?
Original post by Clintbarton
Pretty sure I put t-test 👊🏽👊🏽👊🏽 hopefully lol. Did you not feel that there was some really bloody easy questions? Like that one about the phospholipid vs triglyceride I was like what is this!

The first part of the paper was SOOOO kind I totally wasn't expecting it!!! Tbh was a pretty good paper throughout so I'm satisfied haha what about you? I have chem tomorrow sigh. Also, when you were evaluating the student's opinion on the mitotic spindle, could you find any evidence that supported his argument that 100nmol/dm^3 was the most appropriate concentration of KI? I only found one hahaha :/
Original post by Jason.CCY
I put prospective studies, as the condition of the candidate is observed and tracked over a period of 9 months since the initial.

But it was a comparison of statistics. Wouldn't it be T-test as a comparison between two results?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If someone can get me a copy of the paper or can remember most the questions I can put together an unofficial mark scheme.
Original post by Jason.CCY
I put prospective studies, as the condition of the candidate is observed and tracked over a period of 9 months since the initial.

I have never herd these words before. uh oh.
It was bad..
first few questions were generous, others were awful
I put standard deviation for that q not t-test will i lose a mark D:
we never studied statistical tests :frown:
[QUOTE="rosemondtan;65200831"]
Pretty sure I put t-test 👊🏽👊🏽👊🏽 hopefully lol. Did you not feel that there was some really bloody easy questions? Like that one about the phospholipid vs triglyceride I was like what is this!

The first part of the paper was SOOOO kind I totally wasn't expecting it!!! Tbh was a pretty good paper throughout so I'm satisfied haha what about you? I have chem tomorrow sigh. Also, when you were evaluating the student's opinion on the mitotic spindle, could you find any evidence that supported his argument that 100nmol/dm^3 was the most appropriate concentration of KI? I only found one hahaha :/

I have chem toooooo I'm dreading it 😖😖 been focused on biology I barely revised chem haha.

I put that the % (or whatever it was) below was lower as evidence for the students results but that was the only thing! What did you get for the magnification and for the rate at 10 minutes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The second paper will be much better as it should contain the topics... I actually....revised for....
Similar / same active site shape to each other which is complementary to the substrate

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put that it's becauze of the induced fit model, the substrate doesn't have to be the exact same shape as the active site, it just has to be similar enough for the active site to change slightly to accomodate it
Original post by kiwifruit99
we never studied statistical tests :frown:

Same, my teacher is shockingly bad. It's at the front of the revision guide though! It was only one mark, it's okay!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ostrava
I put that it's becauze of the induced fit model, the substrate doesn't have to be the exact same shape as the active site, it just has to be similar enough for the active site to change slightly to accomodate it

Hey so did I! I think the marks would be for saying similar active site and complementary shape though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can just pray that I will smash the second paper. Well I know I will.
i got 10 for the rate and 21,000* or something similar to that for the magnification... did you guys get that?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 276
[QUOTE="Clintbarton;65201069"]
Original post by rosemondtan

I have chem toooooo I'm dreading it 😖😖 been focused on biology I barely revised chem haha.

I put that the % (or whatever it was) below was lower as evidence for the students results but that was the only thing! What did you get for the magnification and for the rate at 10 minutes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

21,0000 x and 22.5 for the rate
the colorimeter question threw me :frown:
That was a really good test, imo easier than the spec papers they gave
Hey guys, I'm fairly new here, does anyone know how long it takes for an unofficial markscheme to be made? Cheers
What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be? Is 60 too high for an A?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending