The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LogicalFallacy
Hey, if anybody is willing to contribute the answers, and preferably the questions, then I shall set up a mark scheme for you all. Thanks in advance!

Can people please attach question numbers to their answers? Method would be appreciated.

This will be updated as I go along.

Spoiler

Hi, u know for the maths class question I said it's not representative of the whole population, would u still get the mark? And also I think u missed out the spinner question, the one where the guy spun it 300times, I said the answer is 60. :smile:
Original post by kat2905
It is never been that high for a grade c; usually around 25/30

easy paper though, lots of low grade math imo
Original post by Macauley Ware
Every exam i have had i have not properly finished or done that well and so i think I've obviously missed by target grade but still getting a B or an A, but this one was a flat out fail. I was being bigged up by everyone for being the brainy one, now i am going to be about 3rd or 5th in the school league table and end up as a Shop manager or something. (Not being offensive to shop managers but it is a bit short of my expected career or Chartered engineer etc).
Ive fudged my GCSEs up, you hear about it, but you never think it could be you.

Well i feel dissapointed by myself today - hopefully we can both do good next paper. I feel like my mind was blocked during that exam, i couldnt even multiply without doubting myself. And yeah i think that having a smart reputation probably led u to be overconfident or "jinxed" by some people
Reply 863
Original post by Lakshii
how many marks was the last question ?

3 marks i think
Reply 864
What where last years grade boundaries overall
What were the anwsers for the mized fractions? I got 2 12/15 and 12/15
I got pictures of the paper. I stole one from a empty desk lol.
Original post by babymarima
Thanks, and apparently the pi question for the surface area was 25(4-π), if I put 100-25π, will I be losing 1 mark there as well?

I don't know, I believe it asked for the answer in it's simplest form, therefore 25(4-pi) would be the only correct answer.
What was the answer for the envelope question?
Original post by kat2905
It is never been that high for a grade c; usually around 25/30

Updated predictions:
A* - 84
A - 71
B - 62
C - 46
D - 33
Original post by 34908seikj
opOMEH5.jpgIs this what you're talking about, this question?

Ignore that question.

For last question, Do i get a mark for doing this:

ROUTE 2/2 X ROUTE 3/3 = ROUTE 6/6?
Original post by Rebqqq
What where last years grade boundaries overall

They were pretty low, as the papers was quite hard.
Original post by LogicalFallacy
Hey, if anybody is willing to contribute the answers, and preferably the questions, then I shall set up a mark scheme for you all. Thanks in advance!

Can people please attach question numbers to their answers? Method would be appreciated.

This will be updated as I go along.

Spoiler

3 marks for q1 I think
Original post by 34908seikj
It depends what was your answer?

I found that the area of the bigger triangle was 1/4, and that the smaller triangle was sqrt(6)/12 but my final answer was wrong. Would I get method marks?
Original post by Year112016
What was the answer for the envelope question?

I got 5x+20y=T
Eek I think I got somewhere between 65-72 hopefully that'll cut it for an A but I dont even know
I left it in the the 2 way table, would I still get the marks?
Original post by jamesM22
Ignore that question.

For last question, Do i get a mark for doing this:

ROUTE 2/2 X ROUTE 3/3 = ROUTE 6/6?

No, you might get one if you also multiplied it by the 1/2 though, To get √6/12.
when I come out of the exam thinking i got at least 94 and got like 50 on this mark scheme wtf..😂😭😭
For some questions I didn't write the answer on the dotted line however I underlined it in my working out. Will this be alright?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending