The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Biology Unit 1 26th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kira Yagami
What should the people not be fed? (Lactose intolerant question)

I said they shouldn't be fed lactose.

How should they remove lactose ( I put boil the water/heat it) But don't think that's right.

Should not be fed foods high in sugar or drinks high in sugar, would affect results

Add lactase to hydrolyse lactose or heat (I out both)
For the 4th questions about Trypin

a) I put ribosomes as tyrpsin is a protein.

b) was weird. I put it allows control e.g. when proteins need to be hydolysed,active form kicks in so is more effieicent/ enzymes are spefific... I just put some randome ****.

c) I put peptide bond breaks

and d) I think it was a standard compt inh question right?

for the 4b), I put this:
-Ribosomes in the cell synthesis protein
-Trypsin is a protease
-Inactive to prevent it from hydrolysing the manufactured protein within the cell?
Reply 162
Original post by Louisss
is someone putting together an unofficial mark scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would like to see one, too, I need my confidence back lol
Original post by jaseho98
for the 4b), I put this:
-Ribosomes in the cell synthesis protein
-Trypsin is a protease
-Inactive to prevent it from hydrolysing the manufactured protein within the cell?

Hmm makes sense...

It was an odd question.
Reply 164
Did anyone put a mitochondria comes from prokaryotic cell as it had circular dna in it?
I would say, easier than last year but not A lot easier.

A = 45 IMO
Original post by Anam
Did anyone put a mitochondria comes from prokaryotic cell as it had circular dna in it?

Yep:smile:
Original post by Anam

It can have about 3 answers, that one makes sense.

I put it has ribosomes ( and so do eukaroytes)

It' basically saying what is similar about both
Reply 168
I messed up the last question about chloride ions and oxygen. I put oxygen dissolved in water (H2O) then movement by osmosis. Chloride ions enter via channel protein and maintain concentration gradient between two regions. :frown:
what were the possible reasons for the mitochondria having been evolved from a prokaryote?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anam

I said that, but my friend thought it was because mitochondria has a double membrane.
Original post by Louisss
is someone putting together an unofficial mark scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honey, unofficial mark schemes are useless
Quite a weird exam I thought. For the ph meter one i put it gives quantitative data instead of qualitative data, would that give me a mark? I also forgot to include units in the magnification question, will I lose a mark for that?? :frown:

I hope the grade boundaries are low
About the decrease in ph when Triglecrides are hydloyseD:

forms an acidic solution?

and the one about why ph remains constant at 2

because Trigly not hydloysed as enzyme is limiting as enzymes active site are saturated/occupied

(Mind the spelling, I'm typing quickly)

I said all triglycerides have been hydrolysed and thus no more hydrolysis of triglycerides could take place hence the pH remained constant.

Is that wrong or still acceptable? If not would I score any mark with this?
Reply 174
Original post by turtle294
Quite a weird exam I thought. For the ph meter one i put it gives quantitative data instead of qualitative data, would that give me a mark? I also forgot to include units in the magnification question, will I lose a mark for that?? :frown:

I hope the grade boundaries are low

it does give quantitative data...doesnt it?
Original post by merlin444
70 Ribosomes for Mitochnodria as a reason for prokaryote ? even though everyone else put double membrane!

With giving blood from those who suffered ebola, I put that it contains high proportion of antigens complentary to the antigen?

Wasn't sure on Trysin inactive, so it can't hydrolyse proteins in the pancreas, destruction or pancreas??

Enzyme question, surely the answer was that substrate was limiting, if enzyme was limiting ph would still be falling?

I also put triglyceride (substrate) was limiting factor
Reply 176
I feel like the the Heart, Lungs, Immunity and Mitochondria questions were nice. The others not so much. Did everyone else say stronger cardiac muscle on the left side causes higher blood pressure in left ventricle?
Original post by Anam
it does give quantitative data...doesnt it?

Yes. I put the PH meter gives quantitative data whereas the PH indicator gives qualitative data. Would this give me a mark???
Original post by CourtlyCanter
I said all triglycerides have been hydrolysed and thus no more hydrolysis of triglycerides could take place hence the pH remained constant.

Is that wrong or still acceptable? If not would I score any mark with this?

I put the same as you :smile: triglyceride is limiting factor or ph would have continued to decrease
Why was lactose give in morning?

High metabolic rate?

More active in morning?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending